Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much pressure, or right at the edge?

Too much pressure, or right at the edge?

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I'd read that as "safe". You still have some room to go, but it's not a "medium" load.

But you know how my tendencies.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

educate me.. what is the indicator of pressure we are looking for here.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    I'd read that as "safe". You still have some room to go, but it's not a "medium" load.

But you know how my tendencies.
    That is 11gr of lil gun, pushing a 208 gr amax. Hits steel with authority. The shards off the bullet are knocking leaves and small branches off the tree.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    educate me.. what is the indicator of pressure we are looking for here.
    The round edges of the primer start flattening, and you don't see a gap between the primer and the brass, for one.

Graduate
    You're good Dale . That should be pushing close to 1400 FPS.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Slightly longer COAL, more pressure. Gotta back either the COAL down a little or reduce powder a little.

Or use harder primers? These are regular SR primers, not Nato spec.

Thanks FLT and Rumbler.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    You need to be able to see the radius on the outer edge off the primer.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Googled and found this pic.

Name:  flattened.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  266.2 KB

Normal, high pressure, excessive pressure