Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too much pressure, or right at the edge?

I agree with Rumbler, probably somewhere in the med-high range. Good to go. Are you going to work that down to a sub load?

Quote Originally Posted by Jas8340 View Post
    I agree with Rumbler, probably somewhere in the med-high range. Good to go. Are you going to work that down to a sub load?
    Any lower and it doesn't cycle.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Supporting Member
    You say you increased the COAL and saw higher pressure signs? No change in powder?

Quote Originally Posted by Frady View Post
    You say you increased the COAL and saw higher pressure signs? No change in powder?
    Yes. Went from 2.15 to 2.24
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    Dale for what It's worth. The only powder that functions subsonic semi auto / locks the bolt on the last shot for me is A1680 . I get close with H110 but can't get the bolt to lock back on the last shot every time. Also the three rifles I work with do better with metal magazines. I'm not sure why that is but I've tried several of both kinds with the same results.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

I've been using IMR-4227 for my sub loads. I haven't chronographed the loads yet, but 10.1 gr under that same bullet seems to be subsonic.

Lil Gun is what I have, so till I find other powders at a non-rape price, I'm a one trick pony.

Graduate
    Understood. Finding the powder of choice at any price is difficult at best. Lil gun is a pretty versatile powder hopefully you'll be able to find a compromise that works.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Dale you could use IMR 4198 is a good sub powder too. If you want some A1680, I have about little over a pound of it that will last you a life time. Just let me know.
    Texas Ranger Charlie Miller was minding his own business when a concerned citizen came up to him, noted the hammer back on the big 1911 dangling from the Ranger's belt, and asked, "Isn't that dangerous?" Charlie replied, "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-bitch if it wasn't dangerous."

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    You're good Dale . That should be pushing close to 1400 FPS.
    You are amazing. It was something like 1350..

BTW, these things hit with authority.