Signal 0
Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: *CANCELLED* Bugout Bonanza Sat 10/24

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

*CANCELLED* Bugout Bonanza Sat 10/24

OK, gang. The Bugout Bonanza is set for Saturday, October 24th.

WHO: All forum members or interested parties
    WHAT: A nonformal exercise designed to test individual preparedness
    WHEN: Sat, October 24th (3 weeks away)
    WHERE: Torreya State Park, Bristol, Florida
    WHY: See above
    HOW: However you see fit. Anyone is encouraged to participate in the training but are invited to camp!

Approx. one week prior, I will begin to push out pertinent, disaster-related information (training only), which is designed to increase the feeling of realism and to ensure that you are prepared – and which gives you a reason to bug out.

Keep an eye on these postings: information such as road closures are included.

Tomorrow I will make reservations for 10 people at the campsite. After the reservation is made, it will be on you to pay for your pass and RSVP me so I can know how many people to expect.

Just a forewarning, the hike to the campsite is approximately 3 miles – one-way. Unless you want to walk back to your vehicle, ensure that your BOB is good to go before we step off from the parking lot area as a group.

For this trip you will need the basics: Fire, Water, Shelter and Food equipment. What you choose to bring is on you as well. If you wish to participate in the training and self-assessment, bring at least one method from each category.

Firearms, tactical equipment, or other items are at the individual discretion of each participant.

FIRE
    (Wrapped or stored in a waterproof bag or ZipLock container)

- Magnesium bar
    - Small knife
    - Waterproof matches
    - Lighter
    - Petroleum jelly
    - Dryer lint
    - Magnifying Glass

WATER

- Lifestraw or other small filtration device
    - Small cup or container
    - CamelBak or canteens
    - Iodine drops

SHELTER

- Camouflage tarp or tent
    - 550 cord
    - Sleeping bag or sleeping system
    - ISO mat or field mat
    - Mosquito netting

3 Days of food and water!!!!
    Camp stove or cooking gear

For those of you interested on a class going over a proper BOB and rucksack packing, stay tuned. We will play this by ear and figure out a day and time, most likely the week of the event for about an hour.

I hope to see you out there!

As always,

-OM
    Exsurgo Paratus
    Last edited by OscarMike1127; October 13th, 2015 at 12:46 PM.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War