Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw and Mag Change Challenge

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    I agree with what you are saying.

But as a point of information that may be unique to me, I find that when shooting a handgun with both eyes open my point of focus is the target - I want ot know if it moves, and if so in what direction. This causes the handgun sights to appear like a holograph, they "float" in front of my eyes. This is perhaps why I prefer a sight with no bars, dots, squares, or dashes. Just black and bold, with the front sight filling as much of the rear sight as possible.

"Sight alignment" goes like this;

Threat recognized
    Scan field of view for threats "helpers" while drawing
    Bring focus back to primary threat as my handgun approaches arm extension
    front sight: top even with top of rear sight, amount of light visible on both sides of front sight equal
    break the shot
    repeat

Of course, this would be a horrible technique for a bullseye shooter, but I'm not one of those.
    I've always said that you only need the sight picture that allows you to hit the required target in the fastest time. Given the correct target size and distance, that is a completely valid technique. Smaller/farther requires more effort than bigger/closer. I completely vary my sight technique depending on size/distance. Everything from pure point shooting to two-hand bullseye with one eye closed. Practice allows us to recognize faster what sight technique is required for us to make each shot with an acceptable percentage chance.

NJC, too bad you didn't know my roommate and I when we were really putting rounds downrange! We had tons of space.

And I was makin $$ back then. We could have been large and in charge.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Primers were $55 for 5K, bullets were $28 per K, and powder was $20 a pound unless you went vita-v. We shot a LOT.

Yeah.
    I shot a lot more when I was an overpaid IT God.
    Of course ammo was half the price so reloading made no sense to me.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Just watched this one the other day. I realized shooting the steel match that when I was missing especially smaller, further targets that my front sight focus was not the best. On my best runs I can only really remember seeing the front sight not so much the target. Man I love hearing the steel ring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGsIVOyhQ7s

See. I post quality content

Another hundred tonight.
    What have you slackers been doing while I was away.
    Of course I'm not tack so no one noticed I was not here.

You were gone

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

I know right ???

because Jonas cannot make this shit work outside of the US for some reason... slack ass