Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Draw and Mag Change Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    I've got friends that maintain LSU season tickets. I'm well aware of the breed.

I remember your "friends", how could I forget.

Name:  TLV-LSUCoonass-FeaturePhotosize.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  191.6 KB

Back on topic.

Did another hundred with the pistol.
    Also did a bunch of mag changes with the rifle. Lost count of how many.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Shot the local match today, so no dry fire. Need to work on learning how fast I can go on small targets at distance. When I took my time, I was doing good work. Threading A zone hits between no-shoots while leaning over on one leg and stuff. Awesome. Except, when it works out well, I say "self, we need to do that a little bit faster next time." And it all goes to hell. Working on the drills for that now.

Graduate
    120 draws and I did the 10 mag change drill twice. I got to nine and screwed the 10th mag change up three times in a row. At the end of the second 10 mag change drill I had done so many I was legit tired of holding the gun up, and it's not like a G35 is a boat anchor or anything!

I actually did some live fire today.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Back on the horse. Just knocked out a hundo draws and trigger work. Man I really need to get some mags for this practice gun so I can start on the mag changes as well.

Graduate
    Live fire Friday and today (Saturday got rained out). I had an interesting day because I made a switch on my gun that made it shoot slightly high. Not usually a big deal, but Friday and today were both working the heck out of trigger control and sight alignment. In the beginning, I was pulling my shots low, which actually resulted in a lot of hits, so I was confident in my sight picture. Once I actually got the trigger control back to where it needed to be, I started missing. Freaked me out a bit because I knew my ammo was accurate and I could feel the better control over the trigger, but there was no "ding" on the steel. Once I put the rear sight three clicks lower I was back in business.

600+ rounds at 8" circles never closer than 25 yards with movement in between shooting positions. Humbling, frustrating, make-you-want-to-throw-things drills, but there's a lot to be learned there. Remember, everybody's a hero at the five yard line.

Wait you did not shoot in the rain. I'm telling tack driver.

Graduate
    Depends on the training goal. The goals I'm currently pursuing need more target feedback than I can get in the rain. I think I'll start a thread...

I hit a hundred draws and trigger work last night. Got to start on the mag changes.