Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: PAT MCNAMARA at Signal-0 November 16-19

Guys. I found ammo. Hurry, this is a great deal on 90 round boxes of 5.56 55gr.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ds-strclp.html

$31.50. Get ON IT BOYS!
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Yeah another ammo scare...just what we needed. Hopefully things will have calmed in a couple or three months. I have the BRASS 5.56 for the class and pistol ammo.

picking some up along the way as you see it around town is always a good idea...

Dale thats a good price on the ammo, I guess??? I bought 1k of wolf 2 weeks ago from a link I found on slickguns for $212

I dont need any but is there buying power / deal to be had in a group buy ? the folks for the class could realistically buy 10k of pistol and rifle !

Bob, yes thanks again for getting this going, I think everyone, including Rumbler will be surprised by the very small drop out rate. Tell me has the standby list filled the open spots ???
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Not bad $207.94 for 540 rounds/ 6 boxes delivered to Tallahassee . 38.5 cents a round delivered.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Graduate
    I just bought 1000 rounds from Dale's link. Thanks! Also, I may have to investigate Wolf. $212 is almost half the price and I don't shoot enough rifle to make wearing out the chamber/throat area a real worry and I don't reload 5.56 (yet) so I really don't need the brass.

If someone will bring some extra Wolf to the C4 shoot I'll buy some from you and see how it runs.

I use wolf, but not for this class as Bob doesn't want the bi metal jacketed bullets on his new steel (which is fine).

As for wearing out the chamber. If you save $100 every 1000 rounds, after how many rounds can you pay for a new barrel?

Wolf Gold (make in ROC) is great stuff. For a while it was selling higher than XM193 stuff. I perfer it over xm193, no crimp to mess with.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

AB, I have you covered for a box of wolf.
    Now tell me do you really believe that B.S about steel cased ammo damaging rifles ?
    It's about as maleable as brass. I have never SEEN with my own two eyes a rifle damaged by shooting wolf and have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of it.
    There steel in the barrel and the bolt is much harder than anything the ammo is made from.

Back when wolf was lacquer coated I got and saw an occasional stuck round when a round was left in a HOT chamber. I have not seen this even once since they went ot the polymer coating. By the way the polymer coating has been tested with direct heat (Blow Torch) and it has not melted or some off.
    It is certainly not as hot as Lake City or some of the military ammo. It is not very dirty and gives me acceptable accuracy out to 200+ yds.

The $ savings would allow you to replace a bolt or a barrel every other case and still be ahead. But like I said I have never had to do it.
    I know there are folks on here with a similar experience to mine with Wolf. In my opinion, if a carbine wont shot wolf reliably it is a carbine problem.
    I have at least 4 of them in my safe that can shoot it without a problem from many different manufacturers.

I just checked my email and the order was placed with AimSurplus and it was for $219.00

Just my .02
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Yes, I have 500 rounds of Wolf Gold put away for Bob's class. It is awesome. I bought some last year for $340/ 1000

BTW, AB, et al.

Wolf doesn't make shit. They are a marketing/importing company. Ammo they sell is made by many different factories, russian, Ukrainian, Serbian, german, etc. For example I have a crap load of Heaters (cabelas) 223 steel case that is made by Tula, one of the folks who made Wolf (I think they are currently being ass fucked by the sanctions on Russia).

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    AB, I have you covered for a box of wolf.
    Now tell me do you really believe that B.S about steel cased ammo damaging rifles ?
    It's about as maleable as brass. I have never SEEN with my own two eyes a rifle damaged by shooting wolf and have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of it.
    There steel in the barrel and the bolt is much harder than anything the ammo is made from.

Back when wolf was lacquer coated I got and saw an occasional stuck round when a round was left in a HOT chamber. I have not seen this even once since they went ot the polymer coating. By the way the polymer coating has been tested with direct heat (Blow Torch) and it has not melted or some off.
    It is certainly not as hot as Lake City or some of the military ammo. It is not very dirty and gives me acceptable accuracy out to 200+ yds.

The $ savings would allow you to replace a bolt or a barrel every other case and still be ahead. But like I said I have never had to do it.
    I know there are folks on here with a similar experience to mine with Wolf. In my opinion, if a carbine wont shot wolf reliably it is a carbine problem.
    I have at least 4 of them in my safe that can shoot it without a problem from many different manufacturers.

I just checked my email and the order was placed with AimSurplus and it was for $219.00

Just my .02
    I may have just bought my last case of brass cased ammo, then!

After YEARS of SWAT training and 10's of thousands of rounds through AR15's... Wolf does NOT cause any additional/significant wear. We went away from it simply because we would get occasional failure to fires on solid primer hits... and the fact it's just damn dirty... other than that, it proved to be economical training ammo.

Thanks Dale for the reminder... reference the steel core/bi-metal jacketed bullets.

Yes NJC... the initial standby list has been exhausted to fill the drop outs.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.