Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  170
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Gear Stand

The one tack made me is great. Bunch of gear on it.
    Feet were too big so two of them got chopped.
    Fits better now.
    He knows woodworking.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

I was worried with Tacks design that the connection between the base and upright would loosen up/fail. That's why I made mine a bit wider. A stable base/foundation is the key for most projects!
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

I think it really only has wo benefits. Gear his heavy and takes up space, this accommodates that. When gear needs to dry or air out, this works well. Set a fan beside it and it is good to go.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 10:15 PM.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Also, its tacticool as balls.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

I'm at a loss to understand how these are better than a sturdy coat hanger and a couple shelves in the closet...
    It's fucking cool. No other reason required. Do you have armor Lone? It ain't like a tacticool vest, that shit is heavy! You gotta buy a special hanger for that shit and it's a pain in the ass to try to fuck with your gear hanging in a closet.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 06:35 PM.

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

I'm at a loss to understand how these are better than a sturdy coat hanger and a couple shelves in the closet...
    AR500 makes a steel hanger that would be strong enough, but I don't know what I'd trust to hang it on. Also, like NJC said, it won't dry worth a damn in a closet.

Arranging web gear is much easier when it's not all in a pile too.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 06:35 PM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMike1127 View Post
    Also, its tacticool as balls.

^^^^^^
    I like this guy !!

He can run and shoot too !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    dishdoc, how's your stand holding up?
    Still standing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool.
    Was that the missing mag there on the rig ??

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Very cool.
    Was that the missing mag there on the rig ??
    Oscar Mike has my missing mag.