Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  170
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Gear Stand

I like that design Dish. I think the supports between the two vertical beams could be used for small odds and ends too.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Tacks stand has been deployed in my closet for a couple of weeks now. I made the modification to two of the feet and it is GTG.

I would add some cedar dowels for the boots and that would be it.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Tacks stand has been deployed in my closet for a couple of weeks now. I made the modification to two of the feet and it is GTG.

I would add some cedar dowels for the boots and that would be it.
    I was given one dimensional limit and it's under that. It was otherwise built to the specs you approved.

Sir.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Tack, IT was definitely not an issue on your part. By trimming two of the legs I can get it closer in the corner and still get some storage around the base.

I believe I did mention something to hang the boots on, but again it is not a big deal...It is worth at least $5 dollars more than what you charged me for it.

Especially with the extra long screws.

Does Cedar dowel exist ? Can I buy it at Lowes or HOme Depot..
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post

Does Cedar dowel exist ? Can I buy it at Lowes or HOme Depot..
    Yes, and extra long screws to mount them with.

Here's what I ended up with. It holds my plate carrier as well as my battle belt. I put the phallic symbol on top as a shout out to Ike and his Dick cake icon as well as having a place to hang my helmet. I have leveling feet on the bottom. I'm into this stand about $18 on wood and $6 in paint. I'm happy with it and have been inspired to build another smaller version for my chainmail and Roman helmet. I'll post some pics of that when I get it done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

I gotta say when I saw the first photos of it I thought it may end up being a little top heavy. I was wrong though. Looks good doc!! Thumbs up.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Nice job!

Thanks guys. I wouldn't have thought of making one until I saw this thread.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by thedishdoc View Post
    Thanks guys. I wouldn't have thought of making one until I saw this thread.
    I'm glad you did. I'm stealing part of your design.