8 66.67%
  • November 23rd

3 25.00%
  • I don't care

1 8.33%
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Jmoore's First Annual Chili Cook-off

Quote Originally Posted by Mikec2003 View Post
    Well, count me out. Coworker passed a nasty bug to me. Im pissed, small game is tomorrow
    Aww, that sucks man...

Quote Originally Posted by jonastio View Post
    Okay, four 2 liters of coke, a stack of plates, a couple of sleeves of cups and a case of yuengling. Will do the rest tomorrow.
    Good lookin out Jonas

Chili's on!!
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

I stopped and got a pile of cheese, hotdogs couple of pounds of hamburger (thinking of the chillins, mostly), buns for both.

Today I got the grill/smoker and the (big!) two burner propane stove setup . . . with a new bottle of gas.

Talon2 got a bigass brick fire ring built and enough wood pulled out and cut up to set the planet on fire. Oh, and I understand he is bringing a pot of his intergalactically famous bambi chilli too.

I should mention . . .

That place is going to be jumping tomorrow. We have an all day CWL program and tactical Carbine I running simultaneously, in addition to our normal weekend load of shooters.

My strong suggestion would be that if you need to unload stuff pull into the pro shop parking lot (the buildings have labels on them), unload into the lounge (building to the right facing the pro shop) then go park your vehicle in what we call the 'overflow lot'. Right as you reach the range in your vehicle, the pro shop is to your left. The driveway into the 'overflow lot' is immediately to your right. It is kind of a four way intersection.

Clear as mud? . . . . I'll try and get some kind of sign put up ahead of time . . .
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    (thinking of the chillins, mostly)
    Chillins?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Chillins?
    The kids! Those with a much smaller snot locker.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    The kids! Those with a much smaller snot locker.
    LOL.

I'm well aware what they are. Are people bringing theirs? If there are going to be other kids, we'll bring her 6 year old. I just didn't think she'd have anybody to play with.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Chillins is ALWAYS welcome at the range. It is a policy thing . . .

Besides, speaking of policy, we get to shoot the parents of the uncontrollable ones.

Just kidding about that last part. We are not allowed to do anything more than taze the parents.

But . . . we do have a single-shot bolt action "Cricket", and a mid-size Marlin single shot bolt action rifle, and a brick of .22 short, donated, and available FOR FREE to parents for use in introducing their . . . chillins . . . to the wonderful world of 'chootin.

Oh yeah, and we have four pallets (racks) full of really fun steel 'spinners' on their own designated range. Pigs, chickens, coke bottles, all kinds of fun shapes.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Graduate
    Sorry if I missed it, but what time are folks going to arrive?

2pm until.......

Graduate
    Copy