• November 9th

8 66.67%
  • November 23rd

3 25.00%
  • I don't care

1 8.33%
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Jmoore's First Annual Chili Cook-off

I offered you a throat coat but you turned me down.

Graduate
    Just getting around to posting about it, but I had a great time at the cookout. I already knew most everyone, but it was nice to meet everyone else! All the chili was outstanding, as indicated by the fact I ate a ton of it. I'm very glad I didn't have anything social to do for the next 12 hours or so and my wife got really tired of hiding from all those barking spiders! Next time, we have to detail someone for the dessert cart. We were a bit light on the sweets!

I could do a get together like that again very soon. Busy lives seem to stand in the way of everyone being there I'd like to see (and see again), and I'm thinking if we had something like this more often it would give folks more of an opportunity to cycle through. I'm always interested in what other hobbies/interests/jobs the other forum members have and it seems many of us have mad skills that don't get addressed much. We could teach each other a lot!

I know that the shooting was a side note to the cooking (ok, so I know that now), but I have to say I had a lot of fun on the range. Normally shooting for me is mostly business and it was great to get out there with Tack, Cybercop & Spouse, Craw, and YankeeF, and the rest and just plink and share guns. I really didn't think I was going to like the XS big dot sight, but it turns out they are ok!

You guys are all solid shooters and I'd share a range with you any time.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    We were a bit light on the sweets!
    Only because you ate them all. You had, like a pound of candy.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Graduate
    Yes, yes I did, but leftover Halloween candy hardly counts! I thought about bringing some cheesecake or pie, but I really thought we would be buried under dessert items!

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Yes, yes I did, but leftover Halloween candy hardly counts! I thought about bringing some cheesecake or pie, but I really thought we would be buried under dessert items!
    We had beersicles.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Freshman
    Thanks all that put this thing together. I had a good time meeting you all. Had to leave early due to the wife, but I'm looking forward to the next get together. I'm probably gonna have to join that range now......

Quote Originally Posted by corradolvr View Post
    Thanks all that put this thing together. I had a good time meeting you all. Had to leave early due to the wife, but I'm looking forward to the next get together. I'm probably gonna have to join that range now......
    wives piss me off too.got to love it.
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

Triad
    Good times guys - great turnout and a lot of fun. Enjoyed it immensley. Was nice to see Mike and Jonas get a little thank-you (well more than a little)....
    It was great all around. Man the chili was awesome.

Grand Pooba
    Boys, It had been a while since I did that.
    Train like your life depends on it, cause it does.

Triad
    Quote Originally Posted by talon2 View Post
    Boys, It had been a while since I did that.
    Well dog my cats and shuck my peas....