Likes Likes:  1,085
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Killer Deals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by polebarn View Post
    Real question is: At what price would anyone on here start selling off their own stash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Real question is: At what price would anyone on here start selling off their own stash?

Some have; they are just doing it on another forum.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post

I wouldn't. If it will fit any of my guns, I would not sell it ...

If a buddy needed it though, I'd give it up ...

Graduate
    I’m guilty, I’ve sold some ballistic tip hunting type 223 for a dollar a round in 500 round sealed cases. I’ve got some federal green tip 223 in 420 round ammo cans That I’ll sell for a dollar a round . My fear is that I may regret sellIng it at any price the way things are going. If biden gets elected there might not be any to buy period.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    If a buddy needed it though, I'd give it up ...
    Yeah, I’ve already given some friends some, even though I could’ve said it’s their fault for not being prepared. I’d rather that they have sufficient supply to protect their family if SHTF.

At the same time, I wonder do I have enough? And how much is enough? Do I need enough to last through a lifetime of training or just the likely amount I could use in worst case SHTF scenario.
    - Jon

Graduate
    Then there is that one guy who gets ammo from you then sells it to someone else, at a big markup. They don't get any from me after that. (they are not here anymore.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcwelder View Post
    Then there is that one guy who gets ammo from you then sells it to someone else, at a big markup. They don't get any from me after that. (they are not here anymore.)
    That's pretty crummy ...

If I sell something the buyer can do whatever they want with it, if they mark it up an resell it then that's on me because I didn't charge enough. Conversely if you sell me something, I bought it because it has value to me, either because I want to use it or I think the price leaves me room to make money or I think the market will go up and I can make money in the future. If any of that bothers you, don't sell to me.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

From a member here on another forum:

The real-world reality is if one is acquiring ammo for the SHTF scenario or for self-defense concerns, all you really need is a basic combat load of about 210 rounds. If you survive an encounter, you acquire the spoils of war.

Now on the other hard if your acquisition plans is for continued "shooting" for training and fun, thinking ammo will somehow never again be available, then that's another thing.

So in reality, anyone who has a few hundred rounds shouldn't feel tempted to pay the stupid prices being paid right now. It only sells if some fool buys.

Honestly, I have more 5.56mm than I will ever shoot. If something happens that I REALLY need it, no matter how big or bad I think I might be, in reality a couple magazines worth of survival is realistic. You're not going to face hoards of zombies coming for your blood.

The premise of "I need to acquire a few thousand rounds in case shit gets bad" is simply flawed IMO. Just my thoughts.