Signal 0
Likes Likes:  183
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kayak Trip

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We decided that last week's trip was so fun we'd do it again. When we got to the river it was down a good 5-6 feet from last week, the current was a lot slower and there were tons more snags to navigate. We made the first 1/3 of the trip it was nice, slight overcast, light wind, there were tons of sandbars so we stopped and ate lunch. As soon as we were done it started raining a little, still not bad, kept us cool and the breeze started working in our direction. Well it didn't take long and we started hearing thunder and it was moving our way. We ended up power paddling the last 1/3 of the trip, by the time we made the landing my shoulders and back were burning and I was damn glad to get out of the boat and the river. We hadn't been 5 minutes getting the boats in the truck and heading up the road and the bottom fell out rain thunder lightning the whole nine yards. It sure made all that pain and effort seem worth it.

We sure need to get a trip planned up, but either way we're going to hit the river somewhere most weekends so if you want in on it lemme know.
    Last edited by 0utlaw; June 5th, 2017 at 09:04 AM.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture