Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  155
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Need advice

Graduate
    Lyman is by far the best for a new reloader . They go more in to depth about the mechanics of reloading than any of the others.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Lyman is by far the best for a new reloader . They go more in to depth about the mechanics of reloading than any of the others.
    The 50th Edition Lyman just came out this year. It is by far better than the Hornady 10th Ed. However, a Hornady 8th, 9th or 10th would be a good second book. I have some articles from old Guns and Ammo issues for the 220 Swift by Sitton, 300 Weatherby and .30-30 Win by Bob Forker that I have for those rounds. I back stopped them with the Lyman and Hornady manuals before I went to work.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Been working on the reloading table and I'm 99% done. I want to add shelves next to the pegboard to put the powder, bullets and dies. Should be able to finish this week. DSC_0182.jpg DSC_0183.jpg DSC_0185.jpgDSC_0186.jpg DSC_0189.jpg DSC_0191.jpg DSC_0216.jpgDSC_0218.jpg DSC_0219.jpgt1 (7).jpg

Be sure and weight the dog crap out of it.
    The heavier the better.
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Be sure and weight the dog crap out of it.
    The heavier the better.
    Will do. That's why I reinforce the lower shelf, I'm putting some heavy stuff down there, so I can crank that handle with authority

Those pre-fab legs on that table are trick.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Those pre-fab legs on that table are trick.
    Is was worried about how sturdy they were, but so far so good. I been moving the table around to finished and the legs are rock solid. But if they fail, I have lots of pallets in my yard that I can use to put legs on the table. I just had those sitting around and decided to used.

This sucks. I already deprimed all my brass, order a tumbler and they send me a 230 volts international model. Never seen that electric plug before. The bench is done, just need to clean the brass and start playing with loads. The wife told me to stop spending money, I told her....Is all Mappers fault. Bench1 (5).jpgBench1 (4).jpgBench1 (9).jpgBench1 (7).jpgBench1 (1).jpg

That's a Euro standard plug. Just order a simple converter plug or cord. No biggie
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Graduate
    so she isn't quite on board with the
    "I'm saving money by reloading"
    Or the "I'm recycling and doing my part for the environment"
    Or the "but dear, I haven't been to a gun shop/show looking at rifles, just seeing what they had as far as reloading supplies"
    Or the "it adds another dimension to shooting, being able to tune the ammo to the gun"

If she shoots pistol, say 38 or 9,
    Load enough up for a all she can shoot range trip, take some 22 lr, as well.
    As a passing comment mention the cost is the same for all 3, but 22 is harder to find than just going to the press.

Just try'in to be helpful.
    Last edited by mapper; February 2nd, 2017 at 11:09 AM.