Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New class added to 2016 training schedule

New class added to 2016 training schedule

Flashlights – A discussion and practical application of flashlights in low light shooting environments.

Instructor: NJC for Signal-0 Productions.
    Date : Friday February 12th 2016 from 8:00pm to Midnight
    Cost : $65.00 per person. (Cash, Money Order , Personal check payable at beginning of class)
    Class size: 8 (max due to content)

Pre-requisites : Due to the nature of this class, it is not for novice shooters, but this is a introduction level class. Proof of completion of a Basic Pistol class or similar from a recognized (by me) school. Military or Law Enforcement training will substitute . Student pre-requisites will be evaluated on a case by case basis. IPSC / IDPA / USPSA ranked shooters will also qualify.

Equipment :
    Handgun with a minimum of three(3) magazines.
    300 – 400 rounds of factory ammunition (depending on the pace of the class)
    Holster and belt. (No shoulder holsters or crossdraws please)
    Hand held and / or weapon mounted flashlight. (Both preferred)
    Batteries for your flashlight(s)
    Typical range equipment (eye pro, ear pro, baseball cap, water , snacks, cleaning kit etc)
    Pen and paper.

This class will introduce students to concepts and equipment related to shooting a handgun in a low light / no light setting. This class assumes a basic level of ability has already been achieved by the student.
    We will discuss flashlights, both hand held and weapon mounted.
    We will discuss and demonstrate capability (beam types) and functionality (how they work) and what may best suit your situation.
    We will discuss batteries, mounting flashlights on pistols, cleaning, maintenance and function testing.

On the range we will shoot both group and individual drills that will let the student see the impact of flashlights and flashlight techniques on weapon manipulation and marksmanship. This will involve some static known distance drills on paper along with some drills incorporating movement, use of cover and shooting steel at unknown distances (approximately 25yds and in)

Students will leave with class with a higher level of confidence and comfort in their ability to shoot and run a pistol and a flashlight in low light / no light environments. As with all skills, once the basic knowledge and understanding is acquired, students are encouraged to practice frequently to keep these skills current. Simply put this class is the start of that journey, not the end.

NOTE: Students need to bring any and all tools, specific to or necessary for, field-level repairs to their firearm, mounts, optics, sights, stocks, holsters, or any other item(s) deemed critical for training.

We are NOT responsible for a situation where an equipment or ammunition failure prevents a student from participating. We will make every reasonable effort to get you back up and running including loaning you a firearm, magazine, etc., subject to availability.

Registration : As with all Signal-0 classes, please contact Airgator to register. I will contact you and confirm with you that the pre-requisites are met and then you will have a confirmed spot in the class.

I have tried to be a detailed and a clear as I could in this COURSE OVERVIEW / DESCRIPTION. Please post any questions here you may have relative to the course. I will try my best to answer them as I am available.

Thanks
    Last edited by NJC; December 21st, 2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: round count updated
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Sounds great!

I'm in for 3 slots... PM sent

300-500 rounds in 4 hours?!

Also, why do I need a ball cap at night?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Tack,

Ball caps or boonies can help prevent hot brass being lodged between eye pro and the shooters face. It hurts.

As for Ammo requirement, that is an estimate. You will probably bring some home.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Tack,

Ball caps or boonies can help prevent hot brass being lodged between eye pro and the shooters face. It hurts.

As for Ammo requirement, that is an estimate. You will probably bring some home.
    Sounds like someone does not care about their family....
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Sounds like someone does not care about their family....
    His family is a few chickens and his nuts.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

class is more than half full.

Or less than half empty....depending on what kind of person you are

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Does the light have to be mounted on the pistol or can it just be a pistola and a hand held? I'm still a caveman.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by thedishdoc View Post
    Does the light have to be mounted on the pistol or can it just be a pistola and a hand held? I'm still a caveman.
    Hand held and / or weapon mounted flashlight. (Both preferred)]
    <_<
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.