Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group pic, Class 2.

Yes dale the general citizens, but I suspect the government underestimated how large of an area would truly be effected too.

Buy and read, The Day the Sun Rose Twice.

Cattle close to the site were not effected as much as cattle 50-100 miles away so it was a while before they really made the connection.
    5G Motorola Razr

We really need to learn from our mistakes. In the run up and during WWII we ignored out laws and illegally imprisoned thousands of Americans who happened to have Japanese ancestors. In the run up to the cold war we illegally injected and sprayed radioactive shit in/on our citizens without informing them, just to see what would happen. After 9/11 we passed laws that created secret lists of people (including citizens) and illegally restricted their travel. Not to mention what the NSA has done.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

something, something, repeats itself, something, something, doom...
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    We really need to learn from our mistakes. In the run up and during WWII we ignored out laws and illegally imprisoned thousands of Americans who happened to have Japanese ancestors. In the run up to the cold war we illegally injected and sprayed radioactive shit in/on our citizens without informing them, just to see what would happen. After 9/11 we passed laws that created secret lists of people (including citizens) and illegally restricted their travel. Not to mention what the NSA has done.
    So obviously we are NOT learning from our mistakes

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    So obviously we are NOT learning from our mistakes
    Uh, yeah. Damn where is that sarcasm font.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

JONAS!

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    JONAS!
    Excuses incoming in 5...4...3...
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Excuses incoming in 5...4...3...
    No where near that fast, unless that was days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Back then we had no idea the true consequences. Here's a short write up concerning the ranches in the area of the trinity site.

White-sided cattle
    . . .

Other nearby ranchers reported similar events after the blast, including the Bursums.
    "The government bought two carloads of our cattle that had turned white on their side," said Holm Bursum III.
    Bursum's father told him the cattle had been taken to Oak Ridge, Tenn., where they spent long, normal lives under the watchful eye of the government— a story confirmed by a White Sands official.
    A black cat on the ranch turned half white and was sold for a $1.00 to a curious traveler that stopped by.
    As of 1992, there was still a "radioactive" heard at Oak Ridge. There were also radioactive frogs in "the wild" at X-10 (a.ka. ORNL) grounds then.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

I saw that PADDY MAC was splitting from Alias training group. Seems they were ripping him, and others, off with the training fees.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------