Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa's Airdrop for Veterans

Santa's Airdrop for Veterans

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMike1127 View Post
    Santa’s Airdrop for Veterans

Ho, ho, ho gentlemen.

The season of giving and receiving is fast approaching. While we may all know somebody who is in need, our veterans (especially our combat veterans) have for generations been especially susceptible to the ravages of unemployment, homelessness and hopelessness. Recent studies by the Department of Veterans Affairs suggest that there may be as many as 180,000 homeless and needy veterans in the North Florida region alone.

Santa’s Airdrop for Veterans will be a non-profit drive for canned food, winter clothes, or any other non-perishable or essential items. From first-hand experience, I know that many organizations who carry out similar functions, while appreciated, could stand to take a more personal approach. Those of you who know a veteran in particular who is struggling or homeless may sponsor that particular veteran, and the Airdrop will ensure that he/she gets what is needed.

Those who do not have a veteran in mind are still encouraged to donate. All excess donations will be taken to the Tallahassee Vet Center for donation at the conclusion of the drive.

FOR THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY - we will kill a deer(s) and pay for processing in order to give to needy veteran families that will last them through the winter. Please help us find that family. (It's also our mission to get OM his first deer - Get some!)

Donations will be collected and retained by myself at my home.

Jafar and I hope that you will join us in supporting those who have supported us!

Semper Fidelis,

Jafar and OM

Attachment 6067
    Here we go. Gentlemen, try not to shit in this thread.

If we decided to do a cash donation so things that are really needed could be purchased, would either of you two be the ones supervising the purchases?
    Thanks
    Ed
    !

Im not exactly sure that I understand your question.

All donations will be kept, retained and transferred to the receiving party by us.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”

so cash would be delivered directly to individuals? or would cash donations be used to procure goods that would then be delivered to the individuals? also, i believe he was asking if cash donations would be spent directly by you/jafar to procure said goods, or if third party would be doing the shopping for you.
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

In the interest of accountability, I think that it would be best for those willing to donate to purchase the items they have in mind and then drop them off to us for donations. There is no third party, save for the veterans who will benefit directly from the drive.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”

Yeah, I'm with OM. I know cash is convenient for everyone, but giving cash to the needy and/or the headache of being responsible for cash as an interim is something I'm just not comfortable with.

OM will be the primary POC on that side of the line, and I will be the primary POC north of the line. I'm gonna make sure OM kills a deer and I'll donate more as well, but we definitely want to try to take from the land and give to a needy family. But that's on us, ya know.

Just use common sense for the rest of the stuff, primarily food and hygiene stuff. I'd say toys for the children, but the USMCR really specializes in that with Toys for Tots. But if you wanna give that, we won't balk.

We really need help trying to find specific families. Of course, we will give blindly to the Vet Center, etc. - but we're trying to adopt specific families to improve their quality of life during the holiday season.

We really need help trying to find specific families. Of course, we will give blindly to the Vet Center, etc. - but we're trying to adopt specific families to improve their quality of life during the holiday season.
    that is quite an undertaking, and i commend you for it.
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

Bump (like Rick James)
    Last edited by OscarMike1127; October 27th, 2015 at 05:29 PM.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    My American legion post already gives to the needy thru the Vet Center at Thanksgiving ,also we have a Christmas Dinner for them at the Elks Lodge in Tallahassee.Good work fellas,i will be in touch after the next post meeting. Post 84 in Havanna
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Appreciate your help friend.