Signal 0
Likes Likes:  316
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Rumbler Memorial. Sunday, October 25, 2015. 5-8pm

Graduate
    It was a joke. One of my life long friends name ended in stein. His father was my mentor on money and business matters. When his dad would get anger at him about how he handle a business deal. He would say to him Wayne is a Gentile and he's a better Jew than you will ever be. He also said that he believed that my name originally ended in burg and that at some point in history for some reason was shortened . He said he believed that because he'd never known a gentile that was as good as I am at turning a profit . Who knows ? He might of been right.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    He might HAVE been right.
    Oh, the irony of grammar nazi-ing this post...

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kulbick View Post
    Oh, the irony of grammar nazi-ing this post...
    You sir , are entirely to tall for that position .
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    You sir , are entirely to tall for that position .
    *too tall

I'm short. I get to.

Shout out to Johnny for letting me borrow the antique jewelry.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    According to the two photo's I saw of Tack wearing a mans pistol it appears to me that he has grown a couple of inches, maybe some one photo shopped the images,but until I see him again I can no longer refer to him as the pygmy.After a face to face I may change my opinion,but as of now I shall refrain from calling him the pygmy.I am sorry that I missed the get together for Mike,but i had to go to North Alabama for my friends funeral.I did realwell up until they played 'Taps" then I had to get the hell out of dodge.
    Last edited by Johnny; October 27th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    It's no joke copper wire was invented when someone dropped a penny between a Scot and a Jew.......
    But the Grand Canyon was dug by a scot lookin' for a dime in a ditch
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    According to the two photo's I saw of Tack wearing a mans pistol it appears to me that he has grown a couple of inches, maybe some one photo shopped the images,but until I see him again I can no longer refer to him as the pygmy.After a face to face I may change my opinion,but as of now I shall refrain from calling him the pygmy.I am sorry that I missed the get together for Mike,but i had to go to North Alabama for my friends funeral.I did realwell up until they played 'Taps" then I had to get the hell out of dodge.
    My wife and I wanted to be there as well but duty calls.

Mike is clear in my head and that matters to me.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Taps gets to me, too. When my son and I were visiting Arlington Cemetery in early 2014 we heard Taps played three or four times and the salute volleys fired in the distance and even that had my eyes moist. I attended the funeral of a LEO friend last year, and they did a traditional "Last Radio Call" at the graveside, and that was absolutely gut-wrenching.