Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  494
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rumbler... The Legend

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rumbler... The Legend

I don't know about you guys but I already miss the cantankerous old fuck so I thought I'd start this thread to share some of our memories of him.

I'll start with mine, the first time I ever met him I didn't actually know I had. I was an RSO at the WCSO range and this guy would roll up in a crappy old blue chevy at 0 dark thirty every Saturday morning, unload about 10 tons of gear out of the trunk, set up on the far right of the 100 yard range and go to work. At first I thought he was just one of those OCD range geeks we get out there sometimes but after watching him a few days I could tell he was a serious shooter. He logged all his shots, was very meticulous with brass took copious amounts of notes, etc.
    So one Saturday he comes out and is setting up a chronograph (a new deal for him) and with his usual precision sets up the rest of his gear gets everything ready, and promptly shoots the leg off the chrono...........
    So when I was reading TGF that night I read where Rumbler posted about trying to chrono his new .308 load he was working up but having "trouble with the chronograph"............and the light came on! He was not what I had expected at all, if any of yall remember the Rumbler from the TGF days, so I posted asking if it was an electronic issue or a mechanical one and he said "you'd think as much as these things cost they'd be able to take a round or two before they fell down...."
    Anyway we butted heads several times over there but both respected each other for the passion we'd bring to an argument and neither of us would resort to mudslinging if we got caught on the losing side.
    When TGF went crazy and banned him (again) for the last time in typical Mike fashion he started CCGF (originally notTGF) and in the end made Sweete's decision look like an act of slow motion suicide.

I think ( I hope) that this forum turned into everything he had hoped and then some. His intention was to build a community, in the end he built a family.

Miss you brother.
    Last edited by 0utlaw; October 18th, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture