Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  494
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Rumbler... The Legend

Probably.

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Just so you know spelling is completely optional, most of us read as bad as we spell so it's kinda like a "system"

And Jonas never told me why IE quit spell checking anyway, so really my spelling is his fault.
    Shit, no one told me that. I just thought I had gotten a little less retarded.

It's been a while since I've been on and just logged on and saw this. I miss Mike, he was a good friend to me and a mentor. I miss going shooting with him and I am still appreciative of everything he did for RAFSU. He taught me more than I know, and I'm still thankful I got to see him that last time at the woodchucks lunch before I left Tallahassee.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    I'm bumping this Thread up.

For you guys that have joined in the last 18 months please read it from post #1.

"Rumbler" AKA Mike O'Leary started this forum after being kicked off of TGF, those members here with 2012 & 2013 join dates are also TGF refugees that followed Rumbler here to his new forum.. Mike was a hell of a guy who would and did give the needy the shirt off of his back. He could also be an opinionated, hard headed ass.

Rumbler was a loaner with no close family. Just him and his dogs.

Rumbler got sick, REALLY sick. His last year, this forum rallied around him like I've only seen few family's and churchs do. Raising money, chauffeuring, wild game, fresh eggs and fresh vegetables -per doctors orders, cut-split- delivered firewood, cash, appliances, mowing his yard, etc. etc. It really would be a LONG list.

These actions are why I say this forum is more like a family to many of us.

We lost Rumbler over a year ago now, I like to think he and John Moses shoot 1911s in the mornings and design firearms in the afternoon - two kindred spirits.
    It's that time of year. It's been 2 years since will lost Rumbler.

I MISS THE OLD BASTARD! Still.
    5G Motorola Razr

Freshman
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	12603

Yeah, still can't imagine a world without Mike. Two years went by fast.

Freshman

Name:	Mike-Talon.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	12604
    The House that Rumbler Helped to build.

Freshman

Name:	Mike-Mitch-JD.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	12605
    Mike (on right) and two of his really good friends at Talon.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

Junior
    I took for granted the welcome that some of you gave me in my introduction post by saying "welcome to the house that Rumbler built" or things along those lines. I did not know Mike, although I am fairly certain he and I did shoot at the Natl Forrest range simultaneously a few times. After reading all these memories of him, I wish I had known him.

Thank you all for these words about him. It puts this forum into perspective for me. Y'all are a bunch of nutty fuckers for the most part, but I like y'all, and I like y'all even more knowing that a cranky old bastard, as y'all lovingly have called Rumbler, could make y'all this close.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of y'all think it's just a coincidence that a Hurricane named Michael ate our lunch on the 3rd anniversary of Rumblers AKA Michael O'Leary, death, 3 weeks ago?

Anybody new to the forum in the last year may want to go back and read this thread from the get go.

I still miss the old goat immensely.

I like to think he and John Moses shoot 1911s in the mornings and design firearms in the afternoon - two kindred spirits.
    Last edited by Cattle/Horses; November 6th, 2018 at 06:14 AM.
    5G Motorola Razr