Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  494
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumbler... The Legend

I am wearing my " Get ready to Rumble Two To The Snot Locker" wrist band to honor Mike! Small token of honor to a true man's man! Miss ya Mike!
    Never Forget those who died for our freedom!

I met Mike the first time I went to the public range many years ago. I see this Unabomber looking dude in that camo truck pull up and he sets up next to me. We started talking and found out that we had both moved up here from the Keys. We immediately hit it off and next thing I know he is letting my 6 year old daughter shoot his Ruger 22 and teaching her the basics. Next he lets my boy shoot his "poodle shooter". From there on in Mike and I became shooting partners for a long time. If you ever saw Mike at the range or at WCSO and saw a guy and his son with him that was me. The memories are to many to list. My fondest are him scaring the shit out of the guy hiding in the woods aiming his rifle at people, the time at Frank's T&F when that Tika lite 30-06 gave him a big fat scope ring kiss which I never let him live down. The first time he shot a Glock and the look on his face which was priceless. The look on his face the first time he bought a Glock. The amount of shit I gave him when he started driving that big red pedo mobile which I would refuse to sit in, then switching to that shitty blue Saturn. The day I sold him his first M1A. The love he had for that old Norinco 1911 and that little Swiss army knife with "Captain Fuzzy" carved in the side. Unfortunately the last couple of years with Mike at Talon full time, and me working two jobs to pay for my kids travel ball we hung out a lot less and I wasn't there for him as much as I would have liked to. When we did hook up it was like if we had just spent some time together the day before.
    Fuck my man, as I type this it really is starting to hit me as to how important you were to me and my family. RIP my brother.
    Last edited by Chumbag II; October 20th, 2015 at 09:11 AM.
    !

He called that truck The Glitch. It started out like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87-ford-f150-4x4.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	6012

By 2005 it was looking like this.

Name:	leftsidemelg.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	6013

(Click the pic for bigger view)
    Last edited by BlueBronco; October 20th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Name:	deathisnothing.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	6014
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Jim that is really great and I'm sure Mike would agree with the sentiment.

BB tell me he painted those white rims.....

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Jim that is really great and I'm sure Mike would agree with the sentiment.

BB tell me he painted those white rims.....
    I don't think he ever did. I was a bit surprised when he got rid of the truck.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

I sold him a 69 351w block that he may have overbuilt a bit. I think he was running close to 11:1 compression requiring race fuel, and it only got about 8mpg. He needed something a bit more economical.
    He was probably lucky to get 11 before that with the 37" tires he was running. He had that old Saturn for fuel economy.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

i had the pleasure of meeting Mike only once. Hindsight can be cruel. After reading about the generosity and caring of this man, I should have endeavored to meet him again.

There is a lesson to be learned in all of this, gentlemen. Why do we always save our kind words for someone only after they are no longer with us?
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

Graduate
    I know we are in the holding pattern of "I'll let you know," but does anyone know about funeral arrangements? Viewings? Family? Who is handling all of the above? Do they need money and/or volunteers?

Plans are underway for a public get together at a Talon this weekend on Sunday late afternoon - evening. An announcement should be up shortly. I understand the funeral maybe a smaller private family deal.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock