Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  240
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rumbler

I have no words. RIP my friend.

Being a young guy usually comes with caveats that you don't realize until you become an old guy. By the time a young guy becomes an older guy, he has a lifetime of knowledge that he sometimes tries to share with young guys, but young guys usually let that knowledge pass away with it's keeper, starting the cycle all over again. Here's to a friend that often made young guys realize the need to shut their mouth and learn from an older guy. Mike made us better, often at times when we had no idea that we needed to be better.

Goodbye friend, I hope Saint Peter put's you on the gate with an M1A in your hand and the master key to God's reloading room. Every time I hear thunder, I'll smile and know you're just testing a new 10mm load for the angels.

I remember that day . I've got some pics I will dig out later.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 10:14 PM.

Rest in peace Mike. Heaven got a new instructor.

Sophomore
    Thank you Jonastio. Rest in peace Mike. Rest in peace...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    I hope Saint Peter put's you on the gate with an M1A in your hand and the master key to God's reloading room.
    You would think he would be able to get a real M14 in heaven..

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

R.I.P

Mike was a cross between a cholla cactus, a bulldog, and a good ol pair of leather boots. At first blush Mike could be considered kinda rough and intimidating and one of his burrs could get under your skin if you werent careful about it. Once you got to know Mike a little, you realized he was a guarded man, a man with many miles and experiences, but also one with a dogged determination about his craft and his opinions weren't for the weak. I was fortunate enough to have trained with Mike and also be trained by Mike over the years and he was always there to answer a question and was in constant mode of learning. Mike became an old pair of boots to me. Someone who provided comfort, protection, and someone you liked spending time with. Mike made the world safer for a lot of people. Thanks again. Vaya con Dios My Friend.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Damn....RIP man.

Nobody has taught me more about reloading than Mike. It was probably naïve of me to think that he would have healed up so we could spend a couple more lazy afternoons out on the long range at Talon, testing new loads. RIP brother.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------