Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *CANCELLED* Bugout Bonanza Sat 10/24

*CANCELLED* Bugout Bonanza Sat 10/24

OK, gang. The Bugout Bonanza is set for Saturday, October 24th.

WHO: All forum members or interested parties
    WHAT: A nonformal exercise designed to test individual preparedness
    WHEN: Sat, October 24th (3 weeks away)
    WHERE: Torreya State Park, Bristol, Florida
    WHY: See above
    HOW: However you see fit. Anyone is encouraged to participate in the training but are invited to camp!

Approx. one week prior, I will begin to push out pertinent, disaster-related information (training only), which is designed to increase the feeling of realism and to ensure that you are prepared – and which gives you a reason to bug out.

Keep an eye on these postings: information such as road closures are included.

Tomorrow I will make reservations for 10 people at the campsite. After the reservation is made, it will be on you to pay for your pass and RSVP me so I can know how many people to expect.

Just a forewarning, the hike to the campsite is approximately 3 miles – one-way. Unless you want to walk back to your vehicle, ensure that your BOB is good to go before we step off from the parking lot area as a group.

For this trip you will need the basics: Fire, Water, Shelter and Food equipment. What you choose to bring is on you as well. If you wish to participate in the training and self-assessment, bring at least one method from each category.

Firearms, tactical equipment, or other items are at the individual discretion of each participant.

FIRE
    (Wrapped or stored in a waterproof bag or ZipLock container)

- Magnesium bar
    - Small knife
    - Waterproof matches
    - Lighter
    - Petroleum jelly
    - Dryer lint
    - Magnifying Glass

WATER

- Lifestraw or other small filtration device
    - Small cup or container
    - CamelBak or canteens
    - Iodine drops

SHELTER

- Camouflage tarp or tent
    - 550 cord
    - Sleeping bag or sleeping system
    - ISO mat or field mat
    - Mosquito netting

3 Days of food and water!!!!
    Camp stove or cooking gear

For those of you interested on a class going over a proper BOB and rucksack packing, stay tuned. We will play this by ear and figure out a day and time, most likely the week of the event for about an hour.

I hope to see you out there!

As always,

-OM
    Exsurgo Paratus
    Last edited by OscarMike1127; October 13th, 2015 at 12:46 PM.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”

I think he just called everybody bluff!
    5G Motorola Razr

We start Saturday?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Yes. The “training headlines” will indicate the time of the linkup at Torreya parking lot. The time will be set 2 or 3 days prior. Plan on mid morning around 9. The time determined is the “step-off time”, so that means were headed down the trail promptly at 9AM.

I will likely head out Friday sometime to set up a few things. All are welcome to join.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”

I'm in.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Reservations are made for a group under the name “Oscar Michaels”, or you can reserve your own at the Rock Bluff Primitive Camp site.

**CANCELLED**

Sorry, dishdoc.

Dagummit.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastio View Post
    Dagummit.
    Were you interested bro?

I was starting to figure out what I could do for a class. Wasn't going to be able to stay the weekend (not with the absolute shitstorm of the last couple of weeks).