Signal 0
Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: *CANCELLED* Bugout Bonanza Sat 10/24

I think people tasked with organizing training quickly discover that everyone wants to train, it's just that no one wants to train.

Indeed.

I did a dry run solo at Torreya this last weekend so its no skin off my back.

(Even though it took me almost an hour to start a fire)
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMike1127 View Post
    Indeed.

That's either good or bad - depends on if you had a cigarette lighter or bow drill.

Torreya advertises “primitive camping”, but you’re not allowed to use the debris or foliage for fire, so no bow drill. I used a magnesium bar, but the wood was damp and the wind was hellacious. I ended up having to make my wood coals in between two trees with a tarp over by shoulders to block the wind. But it worked. I survived.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    I think people tasked with organizing training quickly discover that everyone wants to train, it's just that no one wants to train.
    Based on the Pat Mac thing, and several others, I think we have a core group that has an appetite for training. Pat Mac worked (for me) because it was far enough in advance that I could plan for it. I just can't always do spur of the moment. And with 3 kids involved in activities all over creation, spur of the moment is less than 2 months planning time.

OM I liked your idea. I just knew I couldn't make that time frame. I hope it works out, or if it doesn't, we (I'll be glad to help) try and put this together for late winter.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Freshman
    If I wasn't working 80 hour weeks and my wife wasn't 8 months pregnant, Id be in. I just can't right now.

I hope you guys do it and have a hell of a time.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMike1127 View Post
    Indeed.

Wish I would have known that. I would have enjoyed participating.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Sorry dish. It was a sort of spontaneous thing. I decided to go, turned off my phone, and was gone within 15 mins. I had a stressful week and needed the silence. I also needed solitude to make grievous mistakes.