Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  39
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *CANCELLED* Bugout Bonanza Sat 10/24

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    This is why the people that have the drive and ability to put things like this together.........don't bother anymore.
    Dude it's a 6 mile hike. 3 miles carrying a full cooler of cold beer and 2 days worth of slim jims. All this during the beginning of hunting season. I will pay for your pass though if you want to go

You just described walking down my driveway.....

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

I think it was/is a great idea, just a bad time of year for me...
    maybe something like this held on private property could be a good idea also.

Roll call?

I'm in..............

if I can come late Saturday. You know, like that motherfucker you thought didn't make it out of no man's land but did in fact, hours after abandoning hope, through sagacious thought and pragmatism showed up to add some character and color to the crew.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I have the drive and ability to do it, I just don't have the time. Wish I did, anyone wanna watch my kids while I go? Oh yea, need someone to go to work for me also, prolly need my yard mowed as well. I'm down if all that is covered.
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

I have the property. Pond, woods, shooting range all in one spot. So if you would like to do it that way, instead of fees, hour long drive or longer for some people (oh yea and Publix is 5 min away for a beer "pillage" if needed) it can happen on one of my 3 day weekends. Just need a heads up to get the children taken care of and all my personal ducks in a row.
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

I can't commit ahead of time because of the kid. We have had a hell of a time with colic the last few weeks. We think soy formula has stopped the comic but constipation is the new problem. Pending the night my wife might not be able to sleep so Tuesday night and the weekend is when I try and do the heavy lifting to give her a mental break. Anyway if he is running good by then I can slip away for this if not then I can't. I have to make a game time decision. If he was older I would bring him.

Kind of in the same spot. I would and actually really want to because this is the perfect time of year to camp, but between active medical issues in the family and the craziness of 3 kids, one of which at 6 months old is refusing to allow us sleep, it is logistically impossible to do so and still stay married. Wife still has a 6mm kidney stone that could really drop any moment and we're still trying to get the urologist to get that shit handled in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Dude it's a 6 mile hike. 3 miles carrying a full cooler of cold beer and 2 days worth of slim jims.
    Sounds a lot like hunting.
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Dude it's a 6 mile hike. 3 miles carrying a full cooler of cold beer and 2 days worth of slim jims. All this during the beginning of hunting season. I will pay for your pass though if you want to go
    Don't you have a couple of goats?

5G Motorola Razr