Signal 0
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talon

Talon

So I took a long lunch today and rode out to Talon. I've been wanting to get a membership since I took my son out there back in November and today was the day!

Claude hooked me up with the paperwork and such and we had a pretty good conversation. Very nice guy

I spent some time in bay 14 shooting steel. Shot my CZ 75 Compact PCR first and did a decent job knocking plates over. It just seems to shoot where I want it to.

Put about 100 rounds through my HK USPc 40 and was pretty disappointed in my showing. Not sure what the problem is but I can't seem to get it on target with any regularity. I'll spend more time with it and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. This is only the second time I've shot it so maybe I just need more time with it.

Anyway, it was an awesome time. Will try to ride out there as often as possible.
    To be without silver is better than to be without honor.
    -Norse Proverb

Grand Pooba
    Thank you for your joining, I hope you enjoy your membership.
    Train like your life depends on it, cause it does.

"Talon" is my life. I have never been more proud of anything than I am of my "affiliation" with the guys, and the range.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Great Guys and a great Facility.

JD and Charlie have gone way above and beyond for me when I have asked.

Rumbler is the yoda of reloading and has given great advice.

Talon is the Home of the Capital City Carbine Club (C4) and we could not do what we do without them.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by talon2 View Post
    Thank you for your joining, I hope you enjoy your membership.
    My pleasure! The girlfriend and I are already enjoying range dates. Shooting is something we both enjoy and are working to become more proficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    "Talon" is my life. I have never been more proud of anything than I am of my "affiliation" with the guys, and the range.
    I can see why Rumbler. Yall put together an extremely nice facility and staffed it with the nicest people. I look forward to spending more time there and getting to know some of you better.

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Great Guys and a great Facility.

JD and Charlie have gone way above and beyond for me when I have asked.

Rumbler is the yoda of reloading and has given great advice.

Talon is the Home of the Capital City Carbine Club (C4) and we could not do what we do without them.
    Agreed. I don't regret joining one bit and can't see that I ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    No homo but I get the idea. Thank you sir!
    -Norse Proverb

When it rivals the local police academy facility, and it does, then you know it's a quality place.

Best place to train in the area.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

I just wish it wasn't an hour and a half drive each way or I'd probably visit the place more often.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

G/f and I had another good day at Talon today. Brought some snacks and tea, picked up a sub in the pro shop along with some t-shirts. Awesome place to spend an afternoon!

Shot the HK much better and she's doing well with the CZ and her 38 snubbie. Good times
    -Norse Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I just wish it wasn't an hour and a half drive each way or I'd probably visit the place more often.
    We're very fortunate to live as close as we do and making the most of it. Need to pick up a shotgun and AR so we can put those to good use as well
    -Norse Proverb