Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talon

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    We're very fortunate to live as close as we do and making the most of it. Need to pick up a shotgun and AR so we can put those to good use as well
    Grey, my wife and I shoot there as well. She likes it because of the private bays and the fact that no one gives unsolicited advice. Before Talon we shoot at Coon Bottom and on more than one occasion I had to tell "Tier One" guys that she didn't need advice on the proper grips, etc.

They offer great classes as well. John Rassmussen is a friend and great instructor. On advice from NJC I took the tactical shotgun class. It was one of the most informative classes I have ever taken.

If you are into competitive shooting they have USPSA matches, 3 Gun and a Steel Challenge match. C4 events aren't competition but more of guys shooting drills.

Quote Originally Posted by simmoag View Post
    Grey, my wife and I shoot there as well. She likes it because of the private bays and the fact that no one gives unsolicited advice. Before Talon we shoot at Coon Bottom and on more than one occasion I had to tell "Tier One" guys that she didn't need advice on the proper grips, etc.

They offer great classes as well. John Rassmussen is a friend and great instructor. On advice from NJC I took the tactical shotgun class. It was one of the most informative classes I have ever taken.

If you are into competitive shooting they have USPSA matches, 3 Gun and a Steel Challenge match. C4 events aren't competition but more of guys shooting drills.
    Sounds about right. It's nice to be able to spend time working to improve our skills without "free-advice." I'll be taking advantage of some classes in the near future and the g/f needs to take the cwp course.

I like the idea of competition. Tried to make it to some pin shooting but work is getting in the way of that. One day (evening).
    To be without silver is better than to be without honor.
    -Norse Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Sounds about right. It's nice to be able to spend time working to improve our skills without "free-advice." I'll be taking advantage of some classes in the near future and the g/f needs to take the cwp course.

I like the idea of competition. Tried to make it to some pin shooting but work is getting in the way of that. One day (evening).
    The USPSA matches are on the first Saturday of every month. Work usually gets in the way for me as well. 3 gun matches only happen every 3 months or so. C4 usually is twice a month.

Quote Originally Posted by simmoag View Post
    The USPSA matches are on the first Saturday of every month. Work usually gets in the way for me as well. 3 gun matches only happen every 3 months or so. C4 usually is twice a month.
    Thank you sir, I'll look into it! I watched some 3-gun on Youtube and it looked like a lot of fun. I'll check out the USPSA site, maybe come and watch some matches so I have an idea of what's going on.

Work. It makes everything possible. A necessary evil.
    To be without silver is better than to be without honor.
    -Norse Proverb