Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  79
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bugout Bonanza??

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    You guys need to do your paramilitary thing and get it out of your system. This way...my sylabus will not dissapoint.

Identification of game trails and trap setting.
    Bush hooks, trot lines, and net running.
    Animal skinning, processing and cooking.
    Preservation and cooking of game animals.
    Woods navigation
    Edible plants and medicines
    Dendrology 101-- know your wood, and forest types
    What is considered an inappropriate touch and what is not in a cabin environment. BCC

For the more rugged....base camp, and lean-to construction with a night in the woods.

The ultimate bug out bag...which I believe I have.

All will be real time and not hypothetical. I will leave it as simple as that.
    I shall bring my BOB and we can compare notes. And since spears are out, I will leave mine at home.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

I don't think it was the spear, more it's intended target, that is banned.
    THE GREATER PART OF LIBERTY IS MINDING YOUR OWN FUCKIN BUSINESS.

I am lost....are we now discussing 2 different events in this thread (OM's and Ike's)? I missed Jafar's orienteering class. I know that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Other than that I don't remember shit from orienteering from scouts. I think I even had the orienteering merit badge.

Quote Originally Posted by simmoag View Post
    I am lost....are we now discussing 2 different events in this thread (OM's and Ike's)? I missed Jafar's orienteering class. I know that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Other than that I don't remember shit from orienteering from scouts. I think I even had the orienteering merit badge.
    Speaking of different events and merit badges, did y'all know MattB had a head full of hair when he was in Boy Scouts?

Name:  MattBoyScout.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  22.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by simmoag View Post
    Yeah I was a scout too but none of that would cut it in the land Nav class. Much harder than I expected!
    Last edited by thedishdoc; September 29th, 2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: autocorrect

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by thedishdoc View Post
    I shall bring my BOB and we can compare notes. And since spears are out, I will leave mine at home.
    Tactical axes are in!
    Let us skip the other lies, for brevity’s sake. To consider them would prove nothing, except that man is what he is—loving toward his own, lovable, to his own,—his family, his friends—and otherwise the buzzing, busy trivial, enemy of his race—who tarries his little day, does his little dirt, commends himself to God, and then goes out into the darkness, to re-turn no more, and send no messages back—selfish even in death.
    Mark Twain

Ike: I can be a volunteer for whatever needs to be done during your event.

Hey all.

Ive got the wheels turning on details of the event as we speak.

Roll call:

Who is in for mid October (while its still reasonably warm)?

Who is in for early November?

Roger up! Lets get this ball rolling.

(Also, I would be willing to contribute or run a land nav course. Also, I can issue a suggested gear list and a group meeting to go over BOBs.)
    “Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

“Three of the greatest failings, want of sense, of courage, or of vigilance.”
    ― Thucydides, The History of the Peloponnesian War

I'm in for whenever date works for you guys. And thanks OM for putting this together. Training and meet and greets/ bonding are important! Goes a long way to meet in person and see who is behind the keyboard. Smooths out all our alpha male asshole personas online IMHO lol.

Hope she feels better lone!