Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IMR 4007SSC powder recall information

IMR 4007SSC powder recall information

PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE FOR IMR®4007SSC POWDER
    Shawnee KS, September 2, 2015 IMR Legendary Powders is officially announcing a product safety warning and recall notice for IMR 4007SSC on the six lot numbers listed below. IMR has received reports that this particular powder in 1lb and 8lb containers may have become unstable due to possible rapid deterioration. Use of this product from these lot numbers shown on the back label may result in spontaneous combustion, fire damage or possible serious injury.
    LOT Numbers:
    10130139, 10131139, 10429139, 10430139,80425139,80426139
    What to do:
    1. Stop using this product immediately! Fill the powder container with water which will render the product inert and safe for disposal.
    2. Mail, email or fax a copy of the powder label showing the lot number to the contact information below to include your name, address, phone and email.
    3. Replacement choice of any other IMR smokeless powder product will be shipped to you for no charge.
    4. If you have loaded the powder subject to this recall into ammunition, we recommend that you pull the bullets, remove the powder and wet the powder with water for safe disposal.
    IMR deeply regrets any inconvenience this may cause, but we believe in safety first.
    For more information: visit imrpowder.com, IMR Powder Company, 6430 Vista Drive, Shawnee, KS 66218, email help@imrpowder.com , call 913-362-9455/800-622-4366 or fax 913-362-1307
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Spontaneous Combustion. How exciting!
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

I have just over 2 pounds left, not effected. This powder has been discontinued and last I spoke with IMR they were going to release just one more batch. Shame... works great in my 6.5 CM LR-65.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Apparently all lots were affected.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...07-ssc-powder/

UPDATE... since my last post above I loaded a little over 300 rounds 6.5C and .308, all of it is ruined. I hadn't looked at it since storing it in my gun room, pulled some out this week to shoot and found this...

Tried pulling down rounds that showed to outward signs of corrosion but inside the case was fubar. When I pulled the bullets you can hear a popping sound, gas build up indide the case no doubt.

Thanks for posting the pic AG.
    5G Motorola Razr

Pulled all the bullets, cleaned them, they will do for range fodder. Tossed the powder and primers.

The brass, toast for the most part. In an effort to prevent anyone from loading the brass I used wire cutters to crush the necks. Some of the brass was do deteriorated, the brass easily tore/broke with minimal pressure. The insides of most cases were severely corroded.