Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone reloading 300blk?

Anyone reloading 300blk?

I have some once fired 300 blk brass and I'm wondering if anyone has loaded subsonics and would be willing to let me trade my brass and money for some of your hopefully cost effective reloads...
    Thanks

GV, if I was still able to load, I'd be your huckleberry. I love turning people on to the world of cost effective custom ammo.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Gator, I have not done subs. Yet. I have the powder and projectiles, just need to do the workup.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    Dale that aa1680 powder you just got will make subs easy. Every rifle I've loaded for will run on subsonic loads that use 1680. Some of them all the way down to 800 fps. Talk about quite , now if I could just figure out how to do away with the impact noise .
    Last edited by FLT; August 6th, 2015 at 07:29 AM.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Dale that aa1680 powder you just got will make subs easy. Every rifle I've loaded for will run on subsonic loads that use 1680. Some of them all the way down to 800 fps. Talk about quite , now if I could just figure how to do away with the impact noise .
    Thats why I bought 4lbs.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I'm still in the process of working down my loads with a couple of different bullets. If you are looking for cheap plinking bullets, I highly recommend Leatherhead's 240gr lead coated bullets (http://www.leatherheadbullets.com/products.php). I've had more success with those than the Palmetto Projectiles (http://palmettoprojectiles.com/). All of my loads have been with IMR-4227 since I didn't have any 1680 then I started these loads.

No reloading knowledge whatsoever here...Just hoping to trade my brass to someone who can use it to make some more rounds and hopefully get some cheap reloads...factory loads are spensive

And I like the sound of a very quiet subsonic handload FLT...

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    I can powder coat if you want to come over and give that a shot on your bullets too
    Why would you powder coated bullets?
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Graduate
    Duh. How else would you get pink bullets.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Why would you powder coated bullets?
    On cast lead bullets it allows you get pretty high speeds without leading. Much cheaper than plated or jacketed.