Likes Likes:  119
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie reloading questions

Graduate
    I'm right up there with Johnny I believe I've had mine 47 years . I have wanted to get a rock chucker supreme but the original rock chucker will still be good when I'm long gone. If I listed all the presses I own I'd get called out on it and have to text Tack pictures to post for me. I've been thinking about giving Bud the old rock chucker so I would have a excuse to buy a supreme . I've always loaded rifle cal. On a single stage press but am considering setting a 1050 up for 300BLK . Here's a fun question how many of you know what RCBS is short for?
    Last edited by FLT; February 26th, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

case tumbler running in the garage right now... 300 rounds cleaned after 2 hours... 300 more in there right now !
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Which tumbler did you get?

Graduate
    What media separator did you end up with?

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Which tumbler did you get?
    5 lb tumbler from Harbor Freight and a 25lb box of walnut media.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    What media separator did you end up with?
    Yeah....uh.. about that...I use agallon milk jug with the top cut off and holes drilled in the bottom....

NJC, I'll share a secret with you; Nu-Finish "The once a year car polish".

On initial treatment I'll put a couple of ounces in the tumbler (but we have a fairly large tumbler) pour it in very slowly while the tumbler is running with no brass. Let it run a few more minutes until the clumps are gone. Then add your brass.

Then I only add a couple of teaspoons about every third tumbler load.

Nu-Finish has no ammonia so it won't make the brass brittle, a bottle of it lasts about four times as long as the stuff you buy from Brownells/Midway, and it keeps the brass from dulling for a surprisingly long time once it is cleaned.

Oh, and it makes the brass look like new gold.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Graduate
    Ill try that myself!

That stainless media you tumbled my rifle brass with is the business.. those cases looked brand spanking new

Graduate
    I've tried it it's substantially less expensive than than the Dillon or Lyman and seems to work just as well if not better.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .