Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  119
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie reloading questions

Newbie reloading questions

Components. Buy them in bulk.
    Powder Valley for primer and powder. Precision Delta or TJ Conavera for bullets.
    If you don't have access to range brass, DiamondK brass has good rifle brass at decent prices.
    Last edited by SB; February 20th, 2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: can't spell today
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

Rumbler,
    Exactly what I am looking for.. a you cant do it with out this list...or a stay away from this junk list.

SB, I have a hook up for brass, does buying powder and primers locally not save the $$ hazmat ?

Someone had told me about TJ conavera..good to get a second on them.

Something like this with the dies be ok ?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEE-90030-BR...3D351287073493

or is this a better option ?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-Pro-1000...94251211&rt=nc

Just spent some time on the dillon site... $700 plus for a similar setup
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    NJC . Look at what used Dillon equipment sales for on eBay . If you change your mind you can damn near get your money back . Dillon equipment just doesn't depreciate I sold a 1050 for the same thing I paid for it after I used it for several years.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

FLT, If Lee put out a calendar of the same quality/pics as Dillon, you'd be all about Lee too! Come on man!

Graduate
    I used to live two hours away from the Dillon store in Scottsdale. I was there every chance I got and learned a TON just hanging out and listening.

For me, I have regretted every "almost what I want" purchase. Every one. I have never regretted buying big once it was paid for and it was water under the bridge.

Come over and knock out 1,000 rounds of your caliber of choice on the 650. It's worth it to delay purchasing one for a few months to save up enough to get one.

I'm seriously almost ready to offer to reload it FOR you with your components just to keep you out of inferior gear!

But not quite.

AB,
    I'll get with you since it sounds serious. I dont want to end up hating myself.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

If you go big, go blue. I have a Hornady LNL AP, it is ok, but really wish I had just gotten blue instead.

OK...so I can get .40 ammo for $14 a box, thats $280 a case
    Projos are $140
    powder $40 a lb
    primers $32

If I get my brass for free I am saving $70 a case before shipping or hazmat.... Dayum... dont need another hobby, starting to wonder if this is really worth my time.

Graduate
    You won't save any money but you will get to shoot more. The savings on rifle ammo is a good bit more than pistol ammo. In most cases the ammo will be higher quality. Dillon equipment has a forever NO BULLSHIT warranty . Reloading is not for everyone. Ok I'm done.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .