Signal 0
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw and Mag Change Challenge

I actually enjoy the dry fire, I can feel the correct grip and technique along with trigger press ,the little nuances in technique that make a good shooter better.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    I have a dedicated dry fire mag. I still use it in live fire but it is getting really worn out between the two. The feed lips are starting to randomly spit out rounds during dry fire. I'll post a pic next time I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    The feed lips are starting to randomly spit out rounds during dry fire.
    Not sure why a magazine used for dry fire would have rounds in it.. Maybe that word doesn't mean what I think it does?

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    I have properly weighted dummy rounds.

Post #32...
    Last edited by AB; January 24th, 2015 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Compressing posts

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I have properly weighted dummy rounds.
    Dale's familiar with being a properly weighted dummy.

Graduate
    Here's the photo. It doesn't look as beat up in the picture as it does in real life, but you can see the dent in the follower and where the polymer has stripped away from the steel on the right side and where it is lifting away from the left.Name:  photo mag.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  41.5 KB

Gotcha. Do you chamber dummy rounds from that mag as well?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    Yep. I still use it for live fire at the range with no issues at all as well, but I see those days are probably numbered.

another hundred draw strokes and dry fires... why ? because I dont drink or golf and the wife said it's too early to bring out the big gun ;-)
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Went to the range today. Turned a crappy beginning into a mediocre day, but I identified some weaknesses. I did 100 draws before I started shooting.

Now for some perspective. I was at a big match (the Bianchi Cup) with some of the world's best. I was squadded with Doug Koenig. I watched him do 100 draws before each course of fire.