Signal 0
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw and Mag Change Challenge

AB you try to do this every day? Also do you combine the draw/dry fire and mag changes or do them completely separate?

Graduate
    I do it every other day, because I work out on the off days. Between work and the munchkin, time is at a premium so I have enough time to train one thing per day. I have enough true-weight dummy rounds to fill one magazine, so I do them separately. I never practice draws with a "light" gun, because it throws the balance off. I also never practice mag changes with an empty mag for the same reason. For complete clarification, I drop an empty magazine from the gun during dry fire mag changes. A loaded mag will evacuate the magwell faster than an empty one and also hide any mild hiccups in the process.

To make sure my mag changes are slick, I have run a sander with 600 grit over the mags and give the top third a coat of automotive wax. Super slick.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I have run a sander with 600 grit over the mags and give the top third a coat of automotive wax. Super slick.

Now that is an interesting approach. I have never heard of anyone doing that. I will have to try this.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Graduate
    It's frustrating to hit the eject button and have the mag hang up, and as polymer mags get subjected to abuse they get out of spec slightly and need some tuning. In most cases, I'd just ditch the mag in the trash and get another one but Glock 22 mags were scarce last time I looked. Easy to get with a new gun, which is where they were all going.

Might have to look into availability again, my mags are getting fairly beaten up.

Yeah I have definitely seen the fuzzy plastic build up on the outer shell of Glock mags. And the hang up as well. I have found myself recently doing the flip/rotation thing to sling the empty mags out. I will try to slick them up like you said.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

another hundo !
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

this thread had dropped off...

did another hundo, third this week...
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    I think it got wrapped up with the workout thread! I've been hitting it hard as well. Some new motivation was presented and it's gotten me fired up.

Yeah I put mine in the work put thread too, but I hit a hundo last night. That was after a forearm workout at lunch.

I need to find some old glock mags so I can start mag change drills.