Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw and Mag Change Challenge

another hundred
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Another hundo as I'm told I cant shoot worth a damn. I need to put in some work.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Man's got to know his limitations

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

yeah...boy I could type on that one, but I'll bite my tongue.

Outlaw, you bait me like a master.
    Last edited by NJC; April 26th, 2015 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I take the entire month of December largely off from shooting and working out. The working out actually stops the week of Thanksgiving if I'm being honest. I'm a little more off my game than usual come this Jan 1 because the munchkin being around is actually very distracting!

I started working out and dry firing again yesterday, which brought me around to doing one of my "get off the couch, turn off Diablo 3 (or any of the Elder Scrolls games, or some of the X Com series!), and start functioning again" drills.

Sounds easy, but I promise it's not as easy as it sounds.

Do 100 draws to the dry fire "click" and do 100 mag changes without taking a break or stopping more than necessary to reset the drill. You can break them up any way you like. 10 and 10, 20 and 20, ect. as long as you do 100 of each without appreciable stopping. When I'm just starting out again, I find that around #50 on each, my shoulders are starting to get tired and, if I'm not being lazy about my grip, my forearms are on fire. Around #75 (so I've done 150 reps between mag changes and draws), it takes effort to focus and slow down to not be sloppy or start training bad habits. The mix of maintaining mental focus on the rep while forcing myself through fatigue is...something.

Like I said, sounds easy. I realize I could slouch on it and not actually grip the gun like I do when it's about to go off (which I squeeze it like it's a rattlesnake trying to bite me) and make it easier, but I would literally be wasting my time dry firing at that point. The point is to make it as close to live fire as you can.

Try it out, even if just once.

There is a slightly more frustrating version of the mag change drill. Do 10 perfect mag changes in a row. If you bobble one even a little bit, start the count over. The stress of getting to 8 and knowing there's only two to go has actually sometimes bitten me! I've done this drill until I couldn't hold the gun up any more because I wasn't disciplined enough to just slow the heck down and knock out 10 perfect mag changes. Good times.
    You've inspired me to start working at it again. Thanks!
    I’m an engineer. To save us both time, let’s just assume I’m not wrong.

Lift with your back

I talk to myself because, at times, I require advice from an expert.

Only a fool courts the anger of a patient man.

We are all just one PBR away from being white trash and in trouble.

just did another hundred. Sensei says I must get stronger

So just wanted to go to sleep about 40 minutes ago, but I knocked out a hundo with some leverage bar work mixed in.

Another hundred this evening.

Git some !

Another hundred... been 6 days.. was busy...

Did a hundred last night. Up working late tonight hence the post and no draws and trigger work.