Signal 0
Likes Likes:  139
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw and Mag Change Challenge

Graduate
    Text me when you go. I'll be heading out tomorrow as well.

will do..
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Dang, I wish I could get out there today. Work always seems to get in the way. But how else would I pay for ammo...............
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Graduate
    I'm experiencing a period of personal development. I've learned some new footwork that I'm having to actually think about (for now) and because my brain is on my feet it darn sure isn't on my hands and trigger finger. I was out again today shooting and my hits were disappointing, although the clock time was pretty solid. I had to step back a second and think about what was going on, and it is that I have introduced something new into the mix that requires processing power. Now I just have to wait until the "new way" simply becomes "the way."

I hate these times, but I've learned to recognize them as progress even if hits all over the paper sure don't feel or look like it!

My time overlapped with AB at the range today for a little bit.

Made some payments on skills today. Lots of dot drills and trigger stripe drills.

Ran the 2-2-4-2-2 drill with the rifle.. Targets were at least 8 feet apart. From 10yds my fastest was 5.41 seconds. All hits were A zone, timer was a pact club. Not sure if this is my fastes, I only ran it 3 or 4 times and that was the fastest for the day. Will try again.

I also practiced the draw and one shot from an ALS holster. From a distance of 6 feet, draw with strong side only to full extension from the interview stance. Only did about 10 attempts. Fastest was 1.00 average was 1.14 on the same timer. Last time I tried it i was 1.2 range so the dry fire is definitely improving mechanics and technique.

I then shot the HK45 that I got in trade from Chenzzo.. I love this pistol. I shot 50 rounds. IT fits my hand better than the glock and even though the Da/SA trigger is long and light it shoots better for me. I think I am going to have to put a LEM kit and some night sights on it. Dont think my boss will allow the .45acp for duty, so I 'll try and get approval for off duty first.

Thats is all. Very positive day at the range, I enjoy it when I feel the vaue of every round fired.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

I did so very poorly at the GSSF even on Sunday I am kind of in mourning. Not that I am even close to decent, and therefor already miles behind most folks on here and even further behind AB. It was at best abysmal.

I am somewhere between steps 4 and 5 in my grief.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    I admire you guys dedication and skill level. I'm afraid the only thing I've ever put that level of work and dedication into was making money.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I did so very poorly at the GSSF even on Sunday I am kind of in mourning. Not that I am even close to decent, and therefor already miles behind most folks on here and even further behind AB. It was at best abysmal.

I am somewhere between steps 4 and 5 in my grief.
    I finished last in the first match I ever shot. A few of the folks that beat me that evening long ago still shoot regularly, too. We all have to start somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I finished last in the first match I ever shot. A few of the folks that beat me that evening long ago still shoot regularly, too. We all have to start somewhere!
    I don't have a problem with finishing poorly. As long as I don't regress. I did worse at this match than in any of my previous (2 other) GSSF matches. I think I've lost whatever little bit of my mind I once had.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I don't have a problem with finishing poorly. As long as I don't regress. I did worse at this match than in any of my previous (2 other) GSSF matches. I think (I've lost whatever little bit of my mind I once had) .
    Nope that one is just to easy. It must be a trap.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .