Signal 0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wall - American Veterans Traveling Tribute

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    I have been to the wall ever time I have the opportunity to and will continue to until I am no more.Several of these names were my childhood friends.We grew up together played football together an against each other in high school.We left together but did not come home together. I WILL NEVER FORGET!!! some I served with some I did not but I feel that it is the duty of the ones that came home to not forget.Such a waste of young lives for people who did not appreciate it.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

I saw it in Baton Rouge in March 2013. Not sure if it is the same one or not. The local authorities should have done a better job of promoting it imho.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

The wall is a surreal experience.

I haven't been able to bring myself to view the OEF/OIF monuments yet. My childhood friend William Lacey was the first US Army casualty in AFG in 2014. We always talked about our plans when we were kids, and we both agreed we would have kids at some point in our early 30's then die on a battlefield in our mid/late 30's. He did exactly that. Survivor's guilt is real. My dad knows all about it.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------