Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR15/Carbine Class... checking interest

I'm asking as a noob...what do they say, admitting the problem is the first step to recovery. I'm certain the advanced skills would be lost on me without a proper foundation of the basics.

I need to do an appleseed too.
    I would never encourage anybody to ever miss one of Bob's classes. The level of instruction and bang for the buck is top notch. That said, do the Appleseed first Bob's and Appleseed's schedules permit.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 09:00 PM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I've done Bob's basic twice and his advanced at least once (I think twice). I've also done Appleseed once. I agree with Tack in that I would recommend doing both if you can. However, if it were me, I would put Bob's class as a higher priority than Appleseed. Appleseed is great history and a lot of really useful drills to bring your groups together. But Bob's classes are much more aligned to what I think we will be seeing in October.

But I'm willing to concede that YMMV.

That seems about right. The second day was shorter. I think we left around 3:30 or 4:00.

Quote Originally Posted by surfer5 View Post
    I've done Bob's basic twice and his advanced at least once (I think twice). I've also done Appleseed once. I agree with Tack in that I would recommend doing both if you can. However, if it were me, I would put Bob's class as a higher priority than Appleseed. Appleseed is great history and a lot of really useful drills to bring your groups together. But Bob's classes are much more aligned to what I think we will be seeing in October.

But I'm willing to concede that YMMV.
    Don't get me wrong, if I had to prioritize, for anything other than a new shooter, I would agree with all that.

Is appleseed 8-5? I don't see the time listed in the FAQ.
    It's two full days.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I am interested in Day 2 or an advanced class depending on the date

Graduate
    I am also interested. Would help me prep for the class next year (if there is a 2nd class).

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    I've had some interest expressed in the 2-day AR15 Class (Basic followed up by the Advanced) by some folks in Orlando... checking here to see if anyone on this site is interested in the 2-day class. Details can be found on my web site and the cost would be a flat rate $100.00. This will be a COMBINED COURSE with A LIMITED OPTION to attend just one day... unless you pay the entire course fee. It's just proven to be difficult running it mixed-matched...

Weather is cool now so if you've never taken a class and/or are new to the AR15 or just want to learn more about using the AR15/Carbine in a dynamic setting (self defense), this might be of interest to you.

TRAINING WILL BE IN AUCILLA.

As always, I have rifles and gear to loan for free to those who need it. If you're interested, just a SIMPLE reply will suffice...
    Interested. I'd like to learn more.

Guys... after the holidays/New Year, I'll regenerate a thread reference a possible class. With my current work schedule, the holidays, and working on several other training projects, there won't be anything before Feb 1st... not enough cohesive interest expressed as of now.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.