Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple questions about renting guns

Couple questions about renting guns

First off, is there a list posted anywhere that details what guns are available for rent?

Also, how are the gun rentals priced?

I ask because my wife is looking for a new CCW and wants to try out (meaning actually put rounds downrange) some of the popular models before deciding. This is something we did not do in the past and why we're now looking for a new gun.

This info might be on the Talon site somewhere but I was missing it if it was.

Thanks!

and if you don't want a list of what firearms are on site for liability reasons, I completely understand, but maybe a PM?
    -If you can't be counted ON, you can't be counted IN.

Post up if something she wants to try isn't available. I bet between the lot of us we can scare up just about anything.

Well, except an R51 or a joke Seadog will get.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

roger that.

The "how the rentals work":

By the day. "Day" defined from the time you get there until the range closes at 9:00PM.

You can rent one pistol for $10.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)
    ALL the pistols, usually two at a time, for $50.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)

At My last count there were over 35 pistols available for rental. The vast majority of them, probably 30 out of 35, are the "hot" concealment pistols currently. Including that so ugly it is cute G42.

We also have a variety of long guns for varying rates. All the way from poodle shooter, to shotguns, to Mosins.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

When people ask where the safety on the Mosin is, is it required to say; "Is Mosin, is not safe."

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    When people ask where the safety on the Mosin is, is it required to say; "Is Mosin, is not safe."
    I already got a Mosin she can shoot, if I want to inflict that on her!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    The "how the rentals work":

By the day. "Day" defined from the time you get there until the range closes at 9:00PM.

You can rent one pistol for $10.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)
    ALL the pistols, usually two at a time, for $50.00 (plus ammo, and you are welcome to buy that wherever you chose to - doesn't have to be Talon ammo)

At My last count there were over 35 pistols available for rental. The vast majority of them, probably 30 out of 35, are the "hot" concealment pistols currently. Including that so ugly it is cute G42.

We also have a variety of long guns for varying rates. All the way from poodle shooter, to shotguns, to Mosins.
    thanks Rumbler, I was wondering about an "all the pistols" option, rather than paying for them all separately. That's what I needed to know!

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Post up if something she wants to try isn't available. I bet between the lot of us we can scare up just about anything.

Well, except an R51 or a joke Seadog will get.
    Tack I can get a R51 to try out . On that other thing I'm afraid you're on your own.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Tack I can get a R51 to try out .
    I'd love that opportunity.

On the other, I've got a team working on it.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I'd like a Glock 7. It's a porcelain gun that passes through an X-Ray machine. It costs more than you earn in a month.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."