Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The local price of powder

Graduate

The local price of powder

Powder seems to be selling for $32 to around $35 a pound in Tallahassee . Has any one found it for less than that lately ?
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Nope. Same thing is happening to primers.

I tried to find some CCI military large rifle primers today. Best price in town was still almost $60.00 per thousand.

. . . I'll run Winchester "normal" large rifle primers first and just make dang sure the muzzle stays down range extra long after a shot. You know it would upset me terribly if my M1A slam fired about 19 times in quick succession.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Graduate
    I don't think that price range is limited to TLH; I paid $35 for a can of 4064 at Bass Pro near Daytona recently. GA arms had rifle powders in the $26-32 range at the last gun show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    I tried to find some CCI military large rifle primers today. Best price in town was still almost $60.00 per thousand.
    Wow. Powder valley has them, for $38. Hard to believe it is almost cheaper to just pay the hazmat for 1k then to buy locally.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Prices are better in Alabama but do not go often
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Yeah it was 38/lb with tax when I got some the other day