Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk262 Mod1 load info

Graduate
    I'm getting 2625 fps from a 20" wylde with 24.5 varget, 77 smk, lc brass, cci primer loaded to mag length..
    I decided to stop there...good accurate load though..
    Like others have said, start low and work up, your rifle will tell you what it likes..

I picked up 77smks from DSH the other day but it may have been the last box, its over max for .223 but I used 25gr of CFE223 and they worked great in my 10.5" just havent had access to a chrono yet.

I used hornady brass for some of my light loads and IMI 5.56 brass for the 77s but I have lots of LC brass just the primer crimps are a pain in the ass, I use a chamfer tool before I prime them but whats the cheapest ans easiest way to clean out the crimps, ill probably stick with LC brass if I start going hotter

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Thanks for all the quick responses.. i appreciate it...

Anyone found a good source for the components ?? anything local, how about powder how about TAC, RE15 or Varget ???
    There's 2 LBs of Varget in the Rumbler Auction FYI.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. mike View Post
    I used hornady brass for some of my light loads and IMI 5.56 brass for the 77s but I have lots of LC brass just the primer crimps are a pain in the ass, I use a chamfer tool before I prime them but whats the cheapest ans easiest way to clean out the crimps, ill probably stick with LC brass if I start going hotter
    Get the Dillon Super Swage...
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Quote Originally Posted by JMW4570 View Post
    Get the Dillon Super Swage...

Amen! That gizmo is one of the best hundred bucks I have ever spent.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

I have not. But you know IMI has as good a reputation for quality mil-spec brass as Lake City . . at least for the 7.62x51.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I don't worry about using MIL brass any longer... I've used Rem, Win, Fed, and others with no observed differences... this is an interesting internal capacity/volume chart... maybe years past there was a significant difference but it does not appear so. Without cut-aways and the ability to view the actual web area, they all appear close.

Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.