Visited TRPC as a guest on Wednesday. I went through about 200 rounds of 9mm, and was left scratching my head.

I must be doing something wrong. I shoot fairly frequently, and when I shoot, I shoot a lot. But I'm lucky to be on the paper at 20yds with any of my pistols! I wanted to blame it on the guns, but that hope was dashed when another guest fired each of my guns, hitting his mark at 5, 10, and 20 yards, over and over again.

Rifles are no problem. I can hit my mark at 100yds with my crappy Tasco scope on my M77 MKII .30-06 over and over again (don't laugh, Jonstio, I proved it on Wednesday...). I know 100yds isn't long-distance, but it seems to underline the discrepancy between my accuracy with pistols v. rifles.

Flinching isn't a problem -- I got over that a long time ago. So, are there some rookie mistakes that I might be making that would leave me shooting with the precision of a bad guy in a Chuck Norris film?

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I should add that I have a very real interest in improving my accuracy. As a CCW holder, I think it's my duty to be sure that if I should ever have to use my weapon, I hit my mark and only my mark. That's why my inaccuracy is eating me alive. Also, the guy who demonstrated that it was me, and not my guns, was a rookie shooter. He brought his first gun, a brand-new XD40, and on his first shot lost a chunk of knuckle to the slide. I showed him how to safely hold his pistol... then he showed me just how much I suck