Signal 0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: GSSF Event.

GSSF Event.

Congrats on breaking 500 entries at the 1st GSSF shoot!

It was hot, but it was fun. I can not wait to do it again.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Thanks, Dale. All of us are very proud of the success and the teamwork it took to make it happen.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

One of the Glock guys says you may get a chance in March of 2015

The last I heard we were for certain "granted" another regional match next year.

I think that March would be just fine. At least it shouldn't be 104 degrees (not counting the heat index!!).
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I RO'ed all day Saturday and I explained my 10+ hours out there to a friend like this: the first 7 hours were fun...the last 3 and a half kinda felt like work!

I drained my 3 liter camelback 3 times and never urinated.

I'm still not sure how the RO raffle worked. All day I was told you don't have to be present to win but then Razz asked me if I gave my ticket to anybody to hold for me on Sunday since I couldn't be there.

I know Razz gave away some awesome Safariland holsters and there was a raffle for a gun among the ROs but i guess I would have heard if I had won that.

Oh well. It was truly a lot of fun and the best part was the genuine appreciation of the shooters for the volunteers. I haven't had that many hand-shakes and pats on the back in one day since my wedding day.

I only had to correct a small pile of safety violations.

I probably said "watch your muzzle" 20 times or so.

I only had to physically lay hands on a shooter and their gun twice. Pointed the gun at his gut trying to lock the slide back. That shit gave me the chills.

All said, there are much easier ways to get a little Glock swag but it was fun.

Pretty sure I was one of a very small number of "blue shirts" sitting with Talon1 and Talon2 in the club house enjoying a Bud Light at the end of the day. That was a good time.

Graduate
    Man, that sure isn't mobile friendly!