Signal 0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entry Class was a success

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Please limit posts to the class or AAR.
    I'll move the off-topic posts so you can get back to your marketing AG. Sorry we interrupted.

http://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com...o-Religion#top
    Last edited by Tack Driver; August 4th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Please limit posts to the class or AAR.
    Sorry Bob

But.....ARTICLE VI............Just saying

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Day 2 Bob had us running a refresher on the material of day 1, clearing the structure as a 4 man stack until we cleared it all with no mistakes. It sucks getting into the last room, and accidentally flagging someone...OUT!! we got tired of Bob saying OUT!!

Then we moved on to Saturation style entry and clearing, which is a highly efficient way to clear a lot of rooms really quickly if you have the manpower (12 to 15 people)

Then it was on to some exposure to a ballistic shield, which is an eye opener on how much it sucks to haul that thing around.

Next we moved on to shooting exercises, mostly designed to get comfortable shooting and moving in and around people, be they operators or civilians.

Then on to discretionary shooting, shoot/no shoot stuff. I managed to only kill one cop, but in my defense he had an evil twin with a gun, you can't trust a man with an evil twin.

I'm sure I missed some stuff, but that's the general rundown of day 2. All in all, an excellent class, learned a lot, perhaps some of it doesn't apply to me and my plans, but its still good stuff to know, and gives a lot of insight into police entry procedures and things of that nature.
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Supporting Member
    First, I haven't been able to shoot but a few (literally like two, maybe three times) times in the last 8 months or so and I definitely felt rusty. 14 month old, jobs, still disserting and teaching a full load at FSU, just bought a house, new baby in the next few weeks.... I got shit going on. I have been waiting for Bob to put this class on for a while and it took some pretty serious negotiations to get the COO to agree to a whole weekend off with the house in need of work and a baby due at any time, but I really wanted this class. To say I was excited and expecting a lot would be an understatement.

I wasn't disappointed.

Day 1:

No ammo, no shooting, just building the foundation and practicing dry:

Bob gave us a quick briefing and set the stage. He spent a short amount of time setting up the day's agenda and explaining the basic terminology and concepts. Then we moved to his rooms for some basics.

First he explained a lot of the why and when the tactics we were using were appropriate. different situations require different actions. This wasn't a slicing the pie, take all the time in the world kind of class. This was a shit is going down and you need to move your ass, but in a systematic and intelligent way.

He explained his approach to room clearing and why/when it's appropriate in the context of the surroundings/room setup. This is pretty simple until you have to do it at speed with Bob yelling at you. We did it alone, in teams of two, teams of four, single rooms, multiple rooms and with various challenges (obstacles, meeting unknown armed others, etc.) to navigate.

We discussed the practical psychological affects of the various entry methods and the body language/verbal that is appropriate in different situations (aggressive, submissive, cautious, etc.). for example: How do you handle another person armed that may/may not be the attacker? How do you communicate with unknown others in searching for a mass shooter? When you don't really know what's going on, how can you most efficiently move through a building (home, office, mall, etc.). When and who covers what when you're clearing? When presented with two bad choices, how do you decide?

There was nothing overly complex about anything during the day, it's just making this stuff automatic through repetition.

Day Two:

Early part of the day is a lot of review. We go through everything a few times then Bob makes us put it all together as individuals and as teams. However, he stops us each and every time we fuck up and we didn't stop till we got it right. This took some time.... a lot of time...... like a really long time. Moral of the story: Don't be that guy.

At this point we played around with some line entries and large team stuff, but this was mostly just to give us a taste of how fast a large corridor could be cleared and I think Bob just liked watching us run back and forth a lot.

In the last half of the day we moved to live fire while navigating people and obstacles. We ran various drills involving safe movement in and around other people (first dry, then live) to get used to moving, muzzle discipline and target recognition.

After that Bob setup a small room that involved some target selection and some tough choices made under pressure. Mistakes were made. Turning the corner and having a lot of stimulus has a way of turning you into a trigger happy motherfucker. I only shot one cop, but the fucker's twin was right next to him pointing a gun at me and he let him... so fuck him.

It was a great class and I left with a lot of new perspectives and identified a lot of opportunities for improvement.

I have to second everyone's comments....

Was an amazing and eye opening weekend of training....

A great bunch of guys to train with and an outstanding instructor...

Looking forward to the next opportunity to train with Bob!