Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dillon 650xl

Sophomore

Dillon 650xl

Does anyone have a Dillon 650XL and if so how much was your entire setup? Cause I am looking to start reloading 9mm and also 223.

I've got a couple of them in the reloading room. One belongs to RAFSU.

If you are looking to start reloading on one you would be way way WAY ahead to join that club and become active with them.

It will, if nothing else, give you an opportunity to get your hands on one and see for yourself what should be considered "gotta have" and what would be "optional".

Because there is a lot of stuff available for the 650XL that can have a pretty dramatic effect on the price.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Graduate
    They are worth every penny. I've had one too long now to know what the cost would be to replicate it, but I think it's about $750 to get everything you would actually need.

Buy once, cry once.

Sophomore
    Rambler that's why I'm trying to start a team at TCC cause I don't attend FSU lol

Woops. I'm forgot.

You can still come out and get the low down on the machine though.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Don't skimp on the case feeder its a must. I spent about 2000 two years ago never wanted to have to scrounge for ammo again, now it's powder, go figure.

Sophomore
    Ya I have done all the research I can do but when I go to the dillon site and I'm trying to price it out, I just get confused as heck. I have the whole process of cleaning, and reloading down. Just the parts list is a punch in the throat every time I try to put it togther

Graduate
    Do it.

We've had TCC students come out. I was VP for two years and I don't remember turning down a TCC student unless there was reason to
    If the enemy is in range, so are you.
    - Infantry Journal

Sophomore
    I believe I came out to about $1,200 dollars for my setup. XL650, Case Feeder, Stand, Roller Handle, Empty Primer Buzzer (annoying little box), conversion kit for .45ACP, large pistol brass plate for the case feeder, ..., I think that's all of it.

Coach.