Signal 0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Uh, expired member checking in.

Uh, expired member checking in.

I apparently missed a piece of mail. I came out today, signed in as usual with two guests.

We shot pistols at steel and rifles on one of the 50 yard ranges. My one friend loved the place so much he joined today as a gold member. While he was completing his transaction I asked "when does my membership expire?"

The young lady asked when I joined and I proudly proclaimed "I'm a charter member!"

"Oh, your membership expired in June!"

Oh snap!

I guess I'll re-up in a couple weeks!

Suggestion box: mail statements at renewal. You've got my address.

1) You should have received an email. . . . or twelve. Please make sure that we have your correct email address.
    2) Though many members, especially charter members, paid their annual dues before we officially opened last July Charlie & JD decided to just start all those folks memberships on July first - our official opening date last year. That means expiration of annual dues was June 31st of this year.

I personally apologize to you for the surprise. We (and I personally) appreciate you and your membership. So much so in fact that charter members were extended a renewal discount, which would have been explained in one of those emails, or on the Talon Range Facebook page.

Seriously. I'd call the pro shop and have them look you up again to check your e-dress. We have well over 1000 members, sending them each a piece of snail mail the vast majority would ignore anyway means we would have less money to fix steel with.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Yeah. They mentioned email and I think I recall getting a couple newsletters over the past year but maybe I get too much mail in that particular inbox and the one marked "urgent: Talon renewal notice" slipped past the goalie in my brain...I hold no hard feelings and will renew for years to come.

You DaMan !!!!!!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.