Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  170
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Stand

Gear Stand

So, in following the storied American tradition of the Minuteman, all my gear is ready to go at a moment's notice. From boots to cover, pack, everything I'd take to fight is there and in a manner that, as much as possible, is quick to don.

It's all in a fucking pile.

I remember seeing Samurai traditionally having their armor on a stand and on display in a prominent position in their house. Some of these are impressively imposing BTW, like scare the shit out of guests imposing.

I don't really want it seen or intricate, or ornate, as it will be out of sight, but I do want it where I can re-position pouches and gear more easily, hang all of my stuff in an orderly fashion, and when it's wet or dirty, make it easier to dry or clean.

There are still Samurai armor stands made;

........but that looks WAY too weak for a 200 plus round load out and eventually plates.

Anybody have something like this? Anybody have any thoughts/ideas?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I always end up on this guys website somehow. He's got good ideas.

http://www.itstactical.com/intellico...al-gear-stand/

I like the use of cedar. I don't like that it looks like a cross/memorial. I can easily fix that though I think.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I've got a torch and a welder. And know how to use 'em.

As for what I use . . . big, red, 1000 pound rated cargo load capacity. Works good for me.

. . . until I need to find something small in it. Then it has waaaay too much stuff in it.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I'll build one for you and one for me Tack, if you spring for the materials.
    The problems we face will not be solved by those that created them.

RR, my fully equipped woodshop thinks we should do it the opposite. It told me so.

If the enemy is in range, so are you.
    - Infantry Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    RR, my fully equipped woodshop thinks we should do it the opposite. It told me so.
    My bad. Don't know why I assumed you were "wood shop challenged"

How about I buy the wood and the beer and we will use your shop ?
    The problems we face will not be solved by those that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by rr53 View Post
    My bad. Don't know why I assumed you were "wood shop challenged"

How about I buy the wood and the beer and we will use your shop ?
    That may work RR. We'll see. I have a feeling it will be some trial and error broken up across a few days. I'll build a prototype, then you and the beer can come over and we can fuck up and/or build yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith2077 View Post
    I like that MUCH better for the vest section since it doesn't look like a cross. It won't hold my pack or anything else.

I think if I build it taller, then put in "shelves" for clothing, boots, socks, etc, and an offshoot of sorts for my pack straps, I could be in business.

1x4's might not be up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by rr53 View Post
    My bad. Don't know why I assumed you were "wood shop challenged" . . . .

You saw his shed building thread?

That worked for me.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.