Likes Likes:  170
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    You saw his shed building thread?

That worked for me.
    Shed turned out great, thanks.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Hey, common, even you have to admit that was a true classic thread.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Hey, common, even you have to admit that was a true classic thread.
    I don't see how. I got some advice, made a minor adjustment, and all is well. Of all the classic threads we have, that one doesn't seem to stand out to me.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

That is OK Tack. I guess it is a perspective thing.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not trying to disrespect your finished product. Please don't take it that way.

I know that (caliber selection aside) you are not a half assed kind of guy.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Just wondering why nobody mentioned the nipple tassels on the samurai......really disappointed in this crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    I like that MUCH better for the vest section since it doesn't look like a cross. It won't hold my pack or anything else.

I think if I build it taller, then put in "shelves" for clothing, boots, socks, etc, and an offshoot of sorts for my pack straps, I could be in business.

1x4's might not be up to the task.
    Don't forget your ladder or maybe build a set of stairs.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Tack,
    I am challenged in the carpentry dept, but would love one of these cross type ones... My wife would hate it...so I want one....
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

I think that you guys may be overthinking this.

get one of these from fleabay:

Shove one of these up its but and turn it on to create some heat for drying gear.

NJC, I'm pretty sure your wife would like this idea the least of all so far. Well, unless you bought the boy version. But you wouldn't do that. . . . . . I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Don't forget your ladder or maybe build a set of stairs.
    You're probably the shortest guy here.

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Tack,
    I am challenged in the carpentry dept, but would love one of these cross type ones... My wife would hate it...so I want one....
    Could we keep her from finding out I had anything to do with it?

Graduate
    I have also seen something that looks like a bike rack that will hold armor, a rifle, and other stuff. Screws into the wall, but I can't remember its name now. I'll look around and edit this or repost if I find it before someone else does.

Edit: Still looking, but I caught where I had mis-used an apostrophe. It required an edit.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/10/30...upport-system/

Found it
    Last edited by AB; July 6th, 2014 at 12:06 PM.