Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holster discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    The 17 and the 22 have the same frame, so I'll bring out the box o' holsters next C4 shoot. Maybe get there early or something.
    Otay.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Tack, what does the ALS guard buy you?

I'm looking at the Safari-land ALS with the MLS (Molle locking system) in a low ride setup.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Dale,
    retention security without undue effort to free the weapon from the holster. In fact, in the case of the hood - ZERO additional effort.

I have two ALS's with the hood, one for my G20 and one for my XD9. You are welcome to come by and test drive them. They are amazingly (in my opinion) effective and well thought out holsters.

. . they are expensive as hell too.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I assume they will be in your range bag on Thursday, so I would love to see them.

10-4. They are indeed.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Tack, what does the ALS guard buy you?
    If you mean the "Sentry", which is the additional lock, I wanted it for when I took the belt off and if I ever had to go "hand's on". I could live without it, since it's always off anyways.

If you mean the hood, then a lot. It makes it nearly impossible to defeat the retention thumb drive from the front.

I'm looking at the Safari-land ALS with the MLS (Molle locking system) in a low ride setup.
    MOLLE mounting makes for a floppy holster. You want the belt mount one that mounts to the stiff inner belt and THROUGH the padded belt.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Dale, I'll have a collection of gear with me this weekend if you want to try it out.

Dale, just remember to make sure your mom's phone number is set to speed dial.

. . . you know, just in case there is "an accident".

You could just wrap it in panty hose and not have to worry about all this shit, Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    You could just wrap it in panty hose and not have to worry about all this shit, Dale.
    LMAO.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater