Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 500+ YARDS

500+ YARDS

FINALLY got to cutting a new path today and got the way cleared for the 500+ yard range . This will be a nice improvement for the PR classes as now we will be able to range AND shoot targets out past 500 yards right from the front yard. No more going down the road...

All that is needed now is for me to get off my butt and build a platform, like the ones at the 200 and 300 yard mark, to complete the improvements. Guess I'll have to pony up for some more steel as well.

The 200 and 300 lanes will still be used for standing support/barricade shooting and the inclined/confined space shooting.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Fuck. Yes. You are the shit bob. Now I want to do the pr class for a 3rd time
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

What MikeC said!!! Hell yeah!
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikec2003 View Post
    Fuck. Yes. You are the shit bob. Now I want to do the pr class for a 3rd time
    I had to actually stop James... he wanted to cross the road and go further west to get to 700-800 yards... while it's VERY DOABLE as the property line goes back a ways, I just was NOT in the mood for a full days work of cutting trees...lol. If the rains ever stop, maybe I'm game for it as it's a simple task of cut and drag... but for now and the near future, what we did today is more than adequate.

When all is finalized, I should be at or about 550 +/-....

I'm confused? Cross the road? Is this in a different direction?

Of course your confused, monkeys don't have thumbs.
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

In all reality, 550 should be more than adequate for teaching. Now 700 would be damned cool

MORE MORE MORE.....it's never enough!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    I'm confused? Cross the road? Is this in a different direction?
    No... you remember the big BOX out by the tractor shed? We were going to use the top of it as a platform, kind of like the way they built the tower at Legion just a hell of a lot smaller...lol.

Well... from there, we went straight to the southeast cutting out across the field towards the east side property line... turned out it was quite flat and super easy to clear. The new platform will be right there at the tractor shed one I get all that ground cloth up from the old green house project. We are going to clean all that up and move the two trailers and the old bronco.

The road the hunt camp is on is the road I am referring to... our property goes a considerable ways back across the road from the tractor shed to the west.... he wanted to extend back westward but with the water between there and the high ground, I said hell no... not now... too damn much work for now.

I'll need to get mapper out there when it's time... I'll need him to shoot me a line so I don't wander off course...