Likes Likes:  381
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: I assume there is a bowling pin matching tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    I was making excuses, Ike.

I have what my doctor called "voluntary tremors" before he died. Seriously. But not my doing.

Anyway . . . I can not read my own handwriting. But I don't shake when I shoot unless I am very tired. Perhaps not so oddly; the harder I try to control them, the worse they get. Once they start on the range I either have to go inside my head to "fight!" and let that mindset override everything else or just stop shooting. I just stop shooting, unless I am the only one on the range.
    You didn't seem to shaky to me when you waxed my ass on pin tops at 200.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Johnny, aren't peaches out of season?
    Not at Costco!
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Not at Costco!

"We" need a connection there. I'd love to have a membership. Though that whole "no guns in the store" thing . . . not so much. I'd be willing to compromise and leave my backup in the car and just carry an extra magazine on top of the "normal" for my primary.

That's pretty reasonable, don't you think . . ??
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

"We" need a connection there. I'd love to have a membership. Though that whole "no guns in the store" thing . . . not so much. I'd be willing to compromise and leave my backup in the car and just carry an extra magazine on top of the "normal" for my primary.

That's pretty reasonable, don't you think . . ??
    I don't recall a no guns sign. I do recall Florida having a rule against open carry and hell.....like signs matter, just untuck your shirt. I told ya, y'all just have to convince JD and Charlie to give me the Amex and I'll do the company shopping. There hasn't been a Nature Valley Sweet 'n Salty in the proshop in months!!

YF, I'm quoting Arf 15 dot com, in March of this year:

I know others have probably known this for quite a while, but I did not.

Going over the Costco Membership Agreement and other policies, nothing firearm related is even mentioned. The doors are not posted. After reading on some other forums about Costco being against it's members carrying firearms while shopping, I decided to confirm or deny these claims myself.

I drove down to the local Costco, where I have been a member since August. I don't do much shopping there, but didn't mind letting them have my membership fee. I spoke with the girl at Member Services and told her that I was recently made aware that Costco restricted it's members carrying firearms, and as such I'd like to terminate my membership. She said she wasn't aware of such a policy. A Senior Manager was brought over. She had been working at Costco since 1999, and stated her husband has a concealed carry permit. She also was not aware of such a policy. We spent 20 minutes going over documentation, and noting that none of the entrances were posted.

She called up her corporate office, while asking her subordinate to check on their computer in their Costco Intranet for anything coming up under keyword "firearm". Jackpot. A company-wide memorandum stating that members are not permitted to bring a firearm inside Costco unless they are law enforcement. Shortly after finding the memorandum, the corporate office confirmed the memo and added that because Costco is a members-only club, and not a traditional retail store, that they by law are not required to post the entrances nor notify the members while they sign up. They said that furthermore, there is no violation of civil rights due to it being members-only.

While this may be misconstrued as me "stirring the pot" and making Costco aware of an otherwise forgotten policy, I felt it was more important to know whether Costco was an ally or an enemy when it comes to our rights. With that information, I was refunded my $110.00 membership fees. During our light conversation, I also pointed the Senior Manager to this story:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...utside-costco/

Again, something she had never even heard of.
    My pistol(s) stay concealed when I am out and about, and I DO NOT respect 'private' no guns policies unless there is also a sign saying "We accept full and complete responsibility for your personal safety while you are on the premisses". This is more a conceptual issue, so don't take it personally or anything. I know where you stand on the issue, and I salute YOU.

. . but I'd still take a free (or deeply discounted) membership. Call me a discount whore. I may be cheap, but I'm certainly not easy.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Interesting. I wonder if it would be considered felony trespassing as there is no sign? I'd only call you a discount whore if you also wanted a Sam's Club card also. Yuck.

How much is a membership at Costco?
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by thedishdoc View Post
    How much is a membership at Costco?
    $55 a year or $110 a year. The difference between the two is the $110 (Executive) gives you 2% on your purchases (minus gas). I might also mention both are fully refundable even on day 364 of the year. Not partially refundable, FULLY, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    $55 a year or $110 a year. The difference between the two is the $110 (Executive) gives you 2% on your purchases (minus gas). I might also mention both are fully refundable even on day 364 of the year. Not partially refundable, FULLY, no questions asked.
    Well that will empty out the CCGF synagogue.

Go ahead and get the membership Rumbler. I go in with you on some ammo.
    Attached Images Attached Images